High Key Black-Browed Albatross

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Some amazing photos in this thread. Hopefully it's OK to ask this here - I've got a large number of unprocessed 35mm film I'm finding from digging through boxes in the loft. I worked as a photographer for a while and burned through a lot of film. These will be all the personal rolls I shot and never got round to getting sorted in among the paid work. Mix of colour, black and white, and a disposable camera that I think was probably Euro 96 games or just after. Most will be from mid-90s to probably around 2010. Does anyone have any recommendations of a place to send them for processing and scanning? Ideally not too costly just because of how many I've got. Some might turn out to have sentimental value from family events and holidays with sadly departed relatives. Thank you.

Last edited:

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Some amazing photos in this thread. Hopefully it's OK to ask this here - I've got a large number of unprocessed 35mm film I'm finding from digging through boxes in the loft. I worked as a photographer for a while and burned through a lot of film. These will be all the personal rolls I shot and never got round to getting sorted in among the paid work. Mix of colour, black and white, and a disposable camera that I think was probably Euro 96 games or just after. Most will be from mid-90s to probably around 2010. Does anyone have any recommendations of a place to send them for processing and scanning? Ideally not too costly just because of how many I've got. Some might turn out to have sentimental value from family events and holidays with sadly departed relatives. Thank you.

Not sure where you reside, but i am sure there is somewhere in Brighton that does this, google search will throw something up i am sure. If not in Brighton then try local FB groups etc

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Went in search for Small Pearl-bordered Fritillaries at a butterfly reserve late this afternoon but just came back with one Dragonfly.
Full resolution image here; https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/52117982103/in/photostream/lightbox/
If anyone can enlighten me with what species it is, I would be most grateful.

Edit- Thanks to Grizz for the identification. It is a Golden-ringed Dragonfly.

Attachments

• Dragonfly NSC.JPG
    Dragonfly NSC.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20220602_224111.JPG

I call this "Out of date Sugar Puffs".

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

There's a number of places in London inc Metro Imaging still doing E6 and C41. But.....The Black and White rolls, and I haven't processed any since 2002 you can do those at home if you've kept the developing tanks in the garage. Off the top of my head Agfa Rodinal 1:50 15 minutes, sorted :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
At least they didn't fly off when you tried to snap them!

A fantastic picture!

What is your setup? Apologies if already answered. I have a budget macro lens as can't atm afford a full price one, and cannot achieve the kind of result you have there. Here's my best effort in the garden today.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
A fantastic picture!

What is your setup? Apologies if already answered. I have a budget macro lens as can't atm afford a full price one, and cannot achieve the kind of result you have there. Here's my best effort in the garden today.

Thank you for your lovely comment.
I use a Nikon D850 camera and now a Sigma 150mm macro lens I bought this week from Park Cameras in Burgess Hill. The lens was second hand, but was "only" £ 386, and you get a warranty.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thank you for your lovely comment.
I use a Nikon D850 camera and now a Sigma 150mm macro lens I bought this week from Park Cameras in Burgess Hill. The lens was second hand, but was "only" £ 386, and you get a warranty.

Ah! That's a very good lens and second hand is the way to go for a bargain. I think I may look for something like that eventually. I have a 7artisans lens which is actually rather good for the price I paid new £160 but there is a big step-up between more budget offerings and better quality 3rd party and name-brand lenses. You also have an advantage, over me at least, your camera is full-frame whereas I am using Fuji X mount mirrorless cameras.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
A fantastic picture!

that's a great picture.... lot of things to consider e.g. amount of light, steadiness of hand, what's the best/sharpest f number for a particular lense, how much of the subject you want in focus ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here