Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Lovely colour, and nice position of the bike - think I would be tempted to clone or crop out the mop and bucket though :D

Fair point. I thought at the time that the black drainpipe and blue mop added additional colours and gave the overall composition a little bit more balance.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Here's another from last week. Taken from the Rialto Bridge. Its an HDR Panorama, as I'm sure many of you will know it's a bit fiddly, but here goes for those that don't, Firstly, I use a hot shoe spirit level and tripod, then 3 exposures of one side of the canal. First is normal exposure, second is + 2 stops exposure and third is -2 stops exposure. It's the same for the other side. I overlap the first image by about 25% during the exposure process (that's where the spirit level comes in handy), and then when I have the two images I stitch them in Photoshop (all automated). Then play about with the colours and contrast etc and bingo the final image. The reason for the HDR part is that half the canal was in shade.

HDR-PANORAMA-1.jpg

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Fair point. I thought at the time that the black drainpipe and blue mop added additional colours and gave the overall composition a little bit more balance.

I like the drain pipe as it gives the picture an extra line, just wasn't sure about the bucket - guess it makes it more real life though.

Still a good picture whichever way, well done...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Here's another from last week. Taken from the Rialto Bridge. Its an HDR Panorama, as I'm sure many of you will know it's a bit fiddly, but here goes for those that don't, Firstly, I use a hot shoe spirit level and tripod, then 3 exposures of one side of the canal. First is normal exposure, second is + 2 stops exposure and third is -2 stops exposure. It's the same for the other side. I overlap the first image by about 25% during the exposure process (that's where the spirit level comes in handy), and then when I have the two images I stitch them in Photoshop (all automated). Then play about with the colours and contrast etc and bingo the final image. The reason for the HDR part is that half the canal was in shade.

View attachment 129759

Lovely picture, just missing a mop and bucket :D

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

View attachment 129759
Nice, I like hdr.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
P1060707.JPG

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Quick (Jack) straw poll - how many of you lot buy used bodies and lenses? And if so is there anything more to the decision beyond 'you get more for your money'?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Quick (Jack) straw poll - how many of you lot buy used bodies and lenses? And if so is there anything more to the decision beyond 'you get more for your money'?

I always buy new. I like having new. However, I've sold some gear to Clock Tower Cameras when I've upgraded. All the stuff I sell is in showroom condition, so there are bargains to be had. With a shop like the aforementioned, you have got some come back if you're not happy. If a lens does the job, does it matter if the paintwork has a small scratch?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Again, can't beat the Kingfishers - never actually seen one in the wild, let alone two, let along take a photograph of them!!!

Anyway, here's my latest offering - this is the twin towers of the old church at Reculver, near Herne Bay, Kent.

reculver twin towers.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

I've bought a fair bit refurb from Fuji, and second-hand from sites like TalkPhotography.

I wouldn't go anywhere near eBay. And s/h from retailers is usually overpriced imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here