Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I really like that. Wonderful colouring. I was there on Monday looking for places to take shots from when I'll go later in the year. I think you've found one for me!

Same bridge - another angle .......

fullsizeoutput_2af9.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I'm new to photography so forgive the quality (had to resize as well as it was too big to upload) but I'm quite pleased with this one. Taken yesterday in Queens Park.

View attachment 113807

A nice start. It's great fun. Have a look at lots of stuff on Youtube, like how to take photos of ...(enter subject or situation). You'll get better and better. If you've got a DSLR, learn about the settings. I'm certainly not David Bailey, but I've learnt so much over the last five years when I started in earnest, thanks to Youtube and looking at other peoples' photos on Flickr.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A nice start. It's great fun. Have a look at lots of stuff on Youtube, like how to take photos of ...(enter subject or situation). You'll get better and better. If you've got a DSLR, learn about the settings. I'm certainly not David Bailey, but I've learnt so much over the last five years when I started in earnest, thanks to Youtube and looking at other peoples' photos on Flickr.

Thanks!

I'm just starting to tinker with the various settings. It's quite fun. Some look alright, others look washed out or too dark. Just enjoying the experimentation.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Thanks!

I'm just starting to tinker with the various settings. It's quite fun. Some look alright, others look washed out or too dark. Just enjoying the experimentation.

You need to have some editing software. You will be amazed how an awful photo can be rescued and made to be quite a stunner. I'm typing this after five pints. Quite a challenge in itself!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You need to have some editing software. You will be amazed how an awful photo can be rescued and made to be quite a stunner. I'm typing this after five pints. Quite a challenge in itself!

Yeah I've been looking at this as well. Trying to find a semi-decent free online thing as I don't want to throw money down on something I may not decide to pursue.

Well done on the typing, no mistakes or anything :thumbsup::drink:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Yeah I've been looking at this as well. Trying to find a semi-decent free online thing as I don't want to throw money down on something I may not decide to pursue.

Well done on the typing, no mistakes or anything :thumbsup::drink:

I did read what I'd written before I clicked "Post reply" and corrected the word "maid"!
I don't use it myself, but Lightroom editing software seems very popular, but I don't know much about it. Other posters on here may do?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On the cusp of a new season, here's one from the end of last season. 1/10 for technique, maybe higher marks for being in the right place at the right time.

Bruno :bowdown:

BRUNO.jpg

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I use Lightroom as it joins it all together well I use an older offline version.

If people want a good 'free' product then look at Topaz Studio which you can down from their site. It does the basics and they then sell bolt ons if you want them.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here