Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus favourite for Swansea job

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
This is a job that I at last feel Gus would be interested in, similar set up to Brighton and a place where he can make a name, same style of football and Gus will appeal to swansea.

I think Gus may walk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tweet from Guillem Balague

Swansea has prepared reports on managers from La Liga in case Rodgers was leaving

Fingers crossed

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No chance IMO. Would look much better on his CV to get us promoted rather than join a club who can realistically do no better next season.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Why would he go to what is essentially a smaller club in the middle of nowhere? They may be in the Premier League now, but they won't be for long.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Gus is going to move (and I still doubt this), I hope he just gets on with it as soon as possible. As a club, we've arguably got bigger and better things to worry about than his future career. What really matters to me is Brighton and Hove Albion and where we are going in the short to medium term and frankly if Gus would rather be somewhere else he can piss off, albeit with my thanks and best wishes for what he has done for us. I for one won't lose any sleep over his departure if it happens; indeed, I'm not even clear that he has yet done enough to warrant any Premiership club taking a punt on him.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think Martinez would have been a better fit for Liverpool, although with better players Rodgers may play a more dynamic style.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Swansea, hardly the special club/job Poyet has always harped on about, would be the only way he will leave us. Chances are our average attendance will be more than their's next season...That's a really big club, isn't it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Backward step IMO.

A division higher, but Brighton has far bigger potential.

We will probably be getting higher attendances than them for many seasons to come, which includes this season gone.
Backward step my arse. More money, higher division, better team. Higher gates by around 5,000 are a near total irrelevance.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Swansea are going to be one of the favourites for relegation next season, we are one of the favourites for promotion.

We realistically could be a division higher than them for 13/14 season. When you consider where each of our clubs are likely to be in 5 years time, it is without a doubt a backward step.
I don't see why Swansea are going to be relegation favourites. They still have a decent side, and even with Blackburn and Bolton gone, the Premiership still has some crap sides in it. As for us, we might be in the top 6, but we're hardly nailed on promotion certs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Swansea just signed that Siggurdson for £6million so obviously got ambitions to stay in the PL, no guarantee we will get there anytime soon whilst if Gus went to Wales he would be walking out in the PL in August

And probably walking out of it again in May. Swansea (and Norwich) are prime examples of second-season syndrome waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here