The new stand at Molineux...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Offers fantastic views of the pitch...

:nono:

AtcmxxoCIAE_Bmy.jpg:large

Surely this shouldn't be allowed unless they've got plans to raise the roof of the adjacent stand?
If I got a season ticket for one of those seats I'd want to pay no more than £20 for it.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
How much is it going to hold once it's built?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
being a former youth player at wolves i've still got plenty of friends there and the original plan was to redevelop the entire stadium. In this redevelopment it would include lowering the pitch so that the stands would be closer to the pitch (as they're a bit of a distance). They planned to build that stand and then the stand next to it (Steve bull stand). These two stands would join together at the same heights so that this situation where there are bad views wouldn't happen. However after realising they aren't going to get that good crowds (they were expanding to 50,000) they decided against redevloping the steve bull stand....thus giving the crap view shown

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bizarre to put in seats that they can't sell but the good news is they won't need them in the Championship so no harm done I guess :lol:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

Surely this shouldn't be allowed unless they've got plans to raise the roof of the adjacent stand?
If I got a season ticket for one of those seats I'd want to pay no more than £20 for it.

They are, by replacing that stand too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I understand those seats won't actually be on sale and the "problem" will be fixed when they wrap the new stand around to replace the old one.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
They are still planning to redevelop the Steve Bull stand, just not this season. Wolves have decided to expand their training ground first, rather than try and redevelop the training ground and one of the bigger stands at the same time.

This decision was made before relegation, but Wolves struggled to sell season tickets last season. The first 2 seasons in the Premier League Wolves sold out very nearly every game. For their third and final season Wolves struggled to sell tickets - even though they had a stand less due to the redevelopment.

It seems that there is a limit to how long fans are willing to watch their team constantly losing - Premier League or not. I used to go to 5/6 Wolves games a season, being an exile it used to give me a midweek football fix and Molineux is just around the corner from where I used to live. I stopped going when they reached the Premier League - I wasn't willing to pay the premier League prices - I guess I wasn't the only one.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
That is hilarious!

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I imagine if you sit down its not as bad..... but yeah still silly but with the future development plans it will be fixed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
being a former youth player at wolves i've still got plenty of friends there

What on earth makes you a Brighton fan then?? I'm guessing you must Sussex born and bred?

And why didn't you choose to play for us? :angry:

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
What on earth makes you a Brighton fan then?? I'm guessing you must Sussex born and bred?

And why didn't you choose to play for us? :angry:

i'm actually from up here in the midlands (hense my name on here) but my dad is a brighton fan and from polegate so i chose to support brighton
If i had the choice to have signed for brighton i would of bitten their hands off at the chance. Wolves offered be a good deal too haha! But like i said, i would have no doubt signed for Brighton given the option! (especially being a great britain catholics under 18 international!) blame the scouting system mate!.......i do! :p
As it work, Dan East in the development squad actually ended up getting chosen over me to stay with Wolves and now he's playing for the albion.........how things could have been different! top lad though!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Is that ACTUALLY a view from a seat though? Bottom right corner of the photo looks like a bar or a railing, so perhaps that is a cheeky shot taking from the spot you enter the stand. Standing up, at the very back corner, whereas the seated position of the seat in front of this position would see the whole pitch I reckon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here