Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bromley Boys Movie

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Slightly Self Congratulatory Thread warning!!

A feature film script that I wrote called The Bromley Boys (adapted from the brilliant book of the same name) has Bafta and Emmy Award winning comedy Director Matt Lipsey attached to direct!!! VERY EXCITING!

Here is the Press Release:

"The production team are delighted to announce that Matt Lipsey will direct the film version of The Bromley Boys.

Matt is one of the top comedy directors currently working in television. He moved into comedy in the mid 1990's with the successful original series The Armstrong & Miller Show, which was hailed for its "delightful surrealistic edge". In 2005, Matt was presented with a BAFTA for his work directing the second series of Little Britain starring David Walliams and Matt Lucas. The 2007 Little Britain Christmas Special, also directed by Matt, won an International Emmy. Matt directed both series of the award-winning Psychoville for BBC2, written by and starring Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton with, among others, Dawn French and Dame Eileen Atkins.

Other credits include the critically acclaimed Saxondale starring Steve Coogan and Human Remains starring Rob Bryden and Julia Davis. Most recently Matt has completed an eight-part Sky Atlantic comedy series This is Jinsy as well as Starlings for Sky 1/Babycow. Matt’s unique style of storytelling and impeccable comedic timing will ensure The Bromley Boys gets the best possible treatment in bringing the film to life!"

Promise you'll all go and see it next year!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Nice one!!Congratulations, If you need any unheard of, untapped actors Id love to audition

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Can you get us all parts as extra's please? Although as it's called The Bromley Boys, if I have to wear a palarse shirt, I may sit it out. But if not - can we come and play on the film set?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Wow well done. I loved the direction on Psychoville and A&M 1990's series was very under-rated. CHUFFY!! I hope it all goes smoothly. Update us. Got a twitter?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Wow well done. I loved the direction on Psychoville and A&M 1990's series was very under-rated. CHUFFY!! I hope it all goes smoothly. Update us. Got a twitter?

Cheers chaps.

I don't use Twitter to tweet as up until now I have nothing of any interest to say!

I will however bump this thread with any further exciting developments with the movie. The next stage for the Production team is to start getting actors attached so that should be interesting.

As for me I have a Skype meeting with Mr Lipsey tomorrow to talk about a few script changes. All good stuff!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

OK amazingly it's been over a year since I first posted this but we now have Alan Davies attached to narrate the movie. He was my choice when I wrote it so very pleased.

Looking to shoot in April next year...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here