Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car park

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Just purchased a car park season ticket for the new "bridge " area which i believe is near the old Falmer school .. How easy is it to get in and out of that area , Is anyone familiar with that area at all ? Looking for some advice if possible please

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just purchased a car park season ticket for the new "bridge " area which i believe is near the old Falmer school .. How easy is it to get in and out of that area , Is anyone familiar with that area at all ? Looking for some advice if possible please

Yes I got one as well. I swopped this year from the Uni site because I thought that as the number of spaces is fixed, (i.e. 650), I will be able to turn up a bit later than I did at the Uni. Often the Uni had things on which meant parking some distance from the ground if you got there later.

As far as I know the entrance and exit will be off the A270 or A27 and through the bridge next to Southern Water. I think the problems will be getting away as the exit for everybody will be through the railway bridge which is single carriageway and also likely to be thronged with pedestrians as well.

Time will tell whether its a good move or not. It might be I have to join the late stayers for half an hour after the game to let the majority disperse. We will see.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
As far as I know the entrance and exit will be off the A270 or A27 and through the bridge next to Southern Water. I think the problems will be getting away as the exit for everybody will be through the railway bridge which is single carriageway and also likely to be thronged with pedestrians as well.

I'd be very surprised if they used that bridge as it does not seem wide enough. Most likely route will be the one the teachers for BACA use, namely via Moulescomb Way, which is accessed off the A270, by the traffic lights next to where the railway crosses the dual carriageway.

I'd be very surprised if they used that bridge as it does not seem wide enough. Most likely route will be the one the teachers for BACA use, namely via Moulescomb Way, which is accessed off the A270, by the traffic lights next to where the railway crosses the dual carriageway.
That would involve using Lucraft Road. It is a condition of the planning permission for the construction of the car park that NO matchday traffic uses Lucraft Road:-

Condition 12: When the car park is used in connection with the American Express
Community Stadium, the only vehicular access and egress shall only be via
the A270 and tunnel under the railway-line and shall not be via Lucraft
Road.

Reason: In order to prevent the use of Lucraft Road by vehicles and to
prevent noise and disturbance to nearby residents as a result of vehicles
using Lucraft Road plus other residential roads within Moulsecoomb and to
comply with policies TR1, TR7 and QD27 of the Brighton & Hove Local
Plan.

http://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk/Published/C00000118/M00003342/AI00027252/ABH201200384FormerFalmerHighSchool.pdf

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why are the club not providing some kind of simple map to illustrate the entrance/exit routes to the carpark ?

Its unbelievable that people are stumping up hundreds of pounds in advance of this, without really knowing how its going to function.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
that was a really good pick up spot to going to be mayhem with 650 cars in the mix to,going to let the train take the strain next season.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
How much does it cost for a season ticket for the car park? I know the train station gets packed, however surely by the time you get out of the car park, you would have got on the train.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove

I'm pretty sure it is via the Bridge. I had reason to meet with Steve Reeves, BHAFC Transport Manager, a few months back. I seem to recall that he said it would one way (In) Pre game and one way (Out) Post game. Although I guess things may have changed.

As Lord B says Lucraft Road is not going to be used. I get the feeling it could be pretty busy down there after games. A lot of pedestrians/cyclists head that way. I wonder how the club will manage priority i.e. Will they hold cars until pedestrians have cleared the route?

I work in the academy so have been parking there on match days, which was quality. Going out through the tunnel is much quicker than driving down Lurcraft. However, I'm not to keen on joining 600+ cars trying to get out through the tunnel next season.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

It will take at least an hour to get out after games , as is the case in all football ground carparks servicing grounds the same or similar to ours

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

Silly question but how did you purchase this? I can't see anything on the official site (although given the fragmented state of it I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's tucked away somewhere there...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here