Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best ever MOTD?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm no great fan of the dour trio on Match of the Day but I have to say tonight's programme was superb. Clearly having big matches and good goals helps but the production really captured the emotion at both ends of the table. Especially the Man City/Man Utd back and forth.

Great montage to end it all and no Lauro. :thumbsup:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Can't wait to watch it. I'm stuck on nights tonight and could only listen to injury time goals while driving into work. I shall enjoy it all tomorrow night 24 hours behind the rest of the world.

D

Deleted member 18477

I always enjoy MOTD but tonight's was a good one for sure! Today has got me up for the euros. High's, Low's, drama, goals, celebrations! Come on England! Believe in Rwoy! Believe.

P.s come on Bayern and Blackpool!!

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
best motd ever for sure what an end to an amazing premier league season not only exciting at the top but the play off for 3rd involving 3 clubs and at the bottom great day of footie

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was surprised they didn't splice the Arsenal and Tottenham games together in the way they did with the Manchester clubs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I was surprised they didn't splice the Arsenal and Tottenham games together in the way they did with the Manchester clubs.

Yep, I thought they would have.

Yes it was a great MOTD - but what material to work with, and unsurpassed in footballing history I would have thought - from joy to tears to joy to tears up and down the country. Quite amazing.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I'm no great fan of the dour trio on Match of the Day but I have to say tonight's programme was superb. Clearly having big matches and good goals helps but the production really captured the emotion at both ends of the table. Especially the Man City/Man Utd back and forth.

Great montage to end it all and no Lauro. :thumbsup:

Yeh I thought it was great, and that was doing a crappy live steam over the internet as it says I can't watch it here lol...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
They did the manchester teams well... However they showed the arsenal game first meaning that newcastle and spurs fans watching it (that didnt know the result) already knew that third place had gone. They should have done the league positions throughout the match between Spurs, Arse and newwcastle too.

D

Deleted member 18477

bbc iplayer

MOTD isn't on iPlayer.

WHY ISN'T MATCH OF THE DAY OFFERED ON iPLAYER/ON DEMAND ON THE WEBSITE/AS A VIDEO PODCAST?

Both Match of the Day and Football Focus are simulcast on the website every weekend - but we can't currently offer the programme on demand throughout the week or on iPlayer because the BBC don't have the rights to show Premier League action on the web outside of live broadcasts. However, MOTD2 is available on BBC iPlayer every Wednesday for five days.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's never been available on iPlayer, licensing laws don't allow it. You only have one chance with MOTD I think, although they do repeat the saturday show on sunday morning, which is no help at all.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
They did the manchester teams well... However they showed the arsenal game first meaning that newcastle and spurs fans watching it (that didnt know the result) already knew that third place had gone. They should have done the league positions throughout the match between Spurs, Arse and newwcastle too.

Ideally we would have done this... but we were running at a premium of edit facilities to do so - what with Final Score , Rugby League and F1 taking alot of space.

There had been a plan to intercut some reactions, but with United and City being so mental, and Vincent Kompany being such a good interviewee that meant alot of other durations got cut back... and with it arsenal/spurs doubler.

No rights to show PL on Web. Occasional use for major stories . e.g. scholes retires we can show his best goals.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ideally we would have done this... but we were running at a premium of edit facilities to do so - what with Final Score , Rugby League and F1 taking alot of space.

There had been a plan to intercut some reactions, but with United and City being so mental, and Vincent Kompany being such a good interviewee that meant alot of other durations got cut back... and with it arsenal/spurs doubler.

No rights to show PL on Web. Occasional use for major stories . e.g. scholes retires we can show his best goals.

Blimey, luge, do you work at the BBC? Do you have access to BBC's football archives????

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here