Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT Infinity 2

Members

BT Infinity 2

0 Not allowed!
    Just about to gety hooked up on BT Infinity 2, does anyone currently get this service and if so do you get anywhere close to the advertised 80mb down and 20mb up speeds?

Hoping whatever I get it will be better than Orange Internet who I'm currently with (4.5mb down and 0.35mb up)

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Had infinity installed last week ( withdean exch , brighton) highest result so far has been 67m down & 16m up.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Another Berkshire Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just about to gety hooked up on BT Infinity 2, does anyone currently get this service and if so do you get anywhere close to the advertised 80mb down and 20mb up speeds?

Hoping whatever I get it will be better than Orange Internet who I'm currently with (4.5mb down and 0.35mb up)
      I switched from Orange to BT Infinity a couple of months ago and the improvement is fantastic. With Orange I was getting about 4mb and now I get the advertised 40mb if I plug my laptop straight into the router, even at peak times it's usually above 30mb. I am even more impressed with the upload speed, up at about 10mb. The only real problem is that I live in a block of flats and have to compete with loads of other wireless connections which slows things down a bit.
      People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.
      Resident Linux User Tux the albion Penguin's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Infinity 2 here. 25 download and 20 upload. Would be a whole different kettle of fish If It was a wired connection.
      GNU/Linux Kernel 3.4 + PinguyOS = Unstoppable force
      I hate to beat a dead horse, but copying makes two, stealing leaves 1 less. Thats all Im sayin on that subject.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm about 3.5 miles from my nearest exchange and have been on virgin for 8 years - 1Mg down 256K Up
      Virgin Media have dropped countless leaflets over the last few years talking about fibre optic 20Mb but every time a phone to confirm this is available at my address they so, ooh, not yet, try us again in a few months [I assume it runs off cable TV and I doubt thats comng my way any time soon.]

So this Afinity 2 thing - can that get me > 1Mb - 20Mb would be a dream .... never mind 80 !!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Seagull View Post
      I'm about 3.5 miles from my nearest exchange and have been on virgin for 8 years - 1Mg down 256K Up
      Virgin Media have dropped countless leaflets over the last few years talking about fibre optic 20Mb but every time a phone to confirm this is available at my address they so, ooh, not yet, try us again in a few months [I assume it runs off cable TV and I doubt thats comng my way any time soon.]

So this Afinity 2 thing - can that get me > 1Mb - 20Mb would be a dream .... never mind 80 !!
      Will let you know when I get mine tomorrow...if BT manage it all OK

0 Not allowed!
      It's a top product. I get 54 download and 13 upload.
      And it's all gone quiet.. SeagullSongs's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Currently getting 9.75 down, 1.02 up, with a ping of 15ms.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

I'd love to get fibre optic, what websites do you notice an improvement most on? (Keep it clean please )
      We're just too good for you...
      http://i.imgflip.com/eft5.gif - - - - - http://i.imgflip.com/6354.gif - - - - - http://i.imgur.com/TZQrnHD.gif?1?6501
      Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Garcia 20/12/2013
      Merry Christmas, Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year

0 Not allowed!
      80mb down... I can only dream of having such a connection.

My Sky broadband was promised at 20 mbps but I only get around 7 usually.

Better than the 1mbps I used to get at my parents house out in the sticks in Berkshire though. Painful stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

~68Mb Down - 15.5Mb Up...Happy with that!

Have to congratulate BT on a faultless service too. They said engineer would be here this morning and old Orange connection drops at 9oclock and I'm online at mega speeds by 9:30.