Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Infinity 2

steveR

Mar 22, 2012
Had infinity installed last week ( withdean exch , brighton) highest result so far has been 67m down & 16m up.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just about to gety hooked up on BT Infinity 2, does anyone currently get this service and if so do you get anywhere close to the advertised 80mb down and 20mb up speeds? :mad:

Hoping whatever I get it will be better than Orange Internet who I'm currently with (4.5mb down and 0.35mb up) :(

I switched from Orange to BT Infinity a couple of months ago and the improvement is fantastic. With Orange I was getting about 4mb and now I get the advertised 40mb if I plug my laptop straight into the router, even at peak times it's usually above 30mb. I am even more impressed with the upload speed, up at about 10mb. The only real problem is that I live in a block of flats and have to compete with loads of other wireless connections which slows things down a bit.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Infinity 2 here. 25 download and 20 upload. Would be a whole different kettle of fish If It was a wired connection.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm about 3.5 miles from my nearest exchange and have been on virgin for 8 years - 1Mg down 256K Up
Virgin Media have dropped countless leaflets over the last few years talking about fibre optic 20Mb but every time a phone to confirm this is available at my address they so, ooh, not yet, try us again in a few months [I assume it runs off cable TV and I doubt thats comng my way any time soon.]

So this Afinity 2 thing - can that get me > 1Mb - 20Mb would be a dream .... never mind 80 !!

I'm about 3.5 miles from my nearest exchange and have been on virgin for 8 years - 1Mg down 256K Up
Virgin Media have dropped countless leaflets over the last few years talking about fibre optic 20Mb but every time a phone to confirm this is available at my address they so, ooh, not yet, try us again in a few months [I assume it runs off cable TV and I doubt thats comng my way any time soon.]

So this Afinity 2 thing - can that get me > 1Mb - 20Mb would be a dream .... never mind 80 !!

Will let you know when I get mine tomorrow...if BT manage it all OK

D

Deleted member 18477

It's a top product. I get 54 download and 13 upload.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
80mb down... I can only dream of having such a connection.

My Sky broadband was promised at 20 mbps but I only get around 7 usually.

Better than the 1mbps I used to get at my parents house out in the sticks in Berkshire though. Painful stuff.

1944525290.png

~68Mb Down - 15.5Mb Up...Happy with that!

Have to congratulate BT on a faultless service too. They said engineer would be here this morning and old Orange connection drops at 9oclock and I'm online at mega speeds by 9:30.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ours is being installed as we speak....

D

Deleted member 18477

what websites do you notice an improvement most on? (Keep it clean please :thumbsup:)

NSC! those long threads (most notably the official match day ones) you can skip right to the last post without having to wait an age for it to load like it did before infinity.

Websites with lots of pictures (the sun, daily mail etc) Yea thats right i like my fair share of 'gossip'/'shit, made up news'

Youtube. Videos load quicker.

BBC iPlayer. The whole video loads instantly, no buffering etc.

thats just a few but it now gives me the ability to work from home without getting frustrated. The internet is no longer ever a problem.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Just go to this page and follow the "Can I get Infinity Button", from there you can enter your landline number or address and it will confirm what speed you would get (and the speed quoted should be a very good indication of what you should expect to receive):

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017&s_cid=con_FURL_infinity

Just about to gety hooked up on BT Infinity 2, does anyone currently get this service and if so do you get anywhere close to the advertised 80mb down and 20mb up speeds? :mad:

Hoping whatever I get it will be better than Orange Internet who I'm currently with (4.5mb down and 0.35mb up) :(

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Only just noticed this follow-up post from you. So is your actual speed consistent with the indicative speed on the BT website?

1944525290.png

~68Mb Down - 15.5Mb Up...Happy with that!

Have to congratulate BT on a faultless service too. They said engineer would be here this morning and old Orange connection drops at 9oclock and I'm online at mega speeds by 9:30.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Virgin media is just as good, if you are in a fibre optic area. Im on the 30mb package which is being doubled to 60 at the end of the year:
1945316118.png

Only just noticed this follow-up post from you. So is your actual speed consistent with the indicative speed on the BT website?

BT Website says 80down, 20up so I'm a bit under, but heck it's quick enough.

Online games play like a dream.
Surfing is fast
I work a lot from home so I hope next week I will see a big improvement for VOIP calls and connectivity with my company network.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here