Votes: 21 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you mean your raffle, player sponsorship and match fees...

In fairness, Richie, the total raised was £105, before the raffle was incorporated into the same justgiving page. I don't think having a pop is very fair.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Want to come along, but don't think I've managed to convince any of my mates to come with me. Not sure I fancy going by myself. Will see if I can nag anyone into coming.

An excellent write-up on the game by David Arnold and "Richard" Morris in today's Sussex Express.

The 11th annual playing of charity match for 9/11 victim Robert at the Pan tonight - Football - Sussex Express

The 11th annual playing of charity match for 9/11 victim Robert at the Pan tonight

Published on Friday 11 May 2012 09:11

RIVAL football supporters will go head to head tonight (Friday) in a charity football match held in honour of a Seagulls fan who died during the 9/11 terrorist attack.

Fans of Brighton & Hove Albion will be playing in the 11th annual match against their arch rivals from Crystal Palace in a bid to add to the £100,000 plus already raised in memory of Robert Eaton.

This year’s match will take place tonight at the Dripping Pan in Lewes.

Robert was a popular Albion supporter who was working in the Twin Towers on the day the planes struck.

A charity, the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund (REMF), was set up in his name and has gone on to raise thousands for footballing good causes and sports equipment for youth teams across Sussex and further afield – including a junior club in Robert’s adopted home of Queens, New York.

Also taking to the field will be Ricky Marlowe, Robert’s favourite Albion player, who will be travelling down from his Scotland base to take part (as he has done each year) and Paul Rogers, the former Seagulls captain.

Kick-off is at 7.45pm and entry is just £5 for adults and £2 for children – although under 16s go free if accompanied by an adult.

The bar will be open and hot food served via the snack hatch.

Gully’s Girls will also perform on the night and there will also be a raffle, including signed shirts.

All proceeds go to REMF.

Tony Langridge, chairman for the REMF, said: “This is a great cause and the perfect way to remember Robert, who lost his life in such tragic circumstances. Hopefully as many Brighton fans as possible will come along on the night. Every penny raised goes to people who really need it and in the past we have helped fund projects in Africa which helps orphans with HIV as well as buying the Seagulls Specials a new mini bus last year.

“Brighton have been going great guns on the pitch this season, but this is a brilliant opportunity for our younger fans to see a true great in action in Peter Ward (Sadly, the Sussex Express has heard that Peter Ward may not be able to play due to injury – Sports Ed). And, who knows, they might get to see the Albion beat Palace at least once this season.”

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In fairness, Richie, the total raised was £105, before the raffle was incorporated into the same justgiving page. I don't think having a pop is very fair.

It wasn't a pop at Brett. I love Brett and the raffle thing helped MASSIVELY. I know I found it easier to get people to stump up on top of my marathon sponsorship with the promise of potential prizes.

It was just pre-empting any binfestery about why none of the players had been sponsored.

And, in fairness, if you look at it, there are quite a lot of non-raffle sponsors added.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
US: in your thread on the BBS, it may be worth reiterating that this charity has supported Croydon youngsters as well?

There's at least one poster on there who thinks Palace fans won't be that bothered about attending because "it's a Brighton charity". He doesn't say it in a derogatory way, purely as an observation.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

He wasn't having a pop at all - just stating facts. And the raffle was created pretty much at the start of our fund raising hence why it was only on £100 odd. We waited until after the marathon to start the real fundraising as we knew a number of people were running for REMF. The raffle has been a key part to the fundraising yes, but many have donated without even knowing about it - maybe check the messages? Well done to Brett for sorting the raffle and Gary / Chris from the squad for making some great donations in prizes though.

It wasn't a pop at Brett. I love Brett and the raffle thing helped MASSIVELY. I know I found it easier to get people to stump up on top of my marathon sponsorship with the promise of potential prizes.

It was just pre-empting any binfestery about why none of the players had been sponsored.

And, in fairness, if you look at it, there are quite a lot of non-raffle sponsors added.

Correct.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Field of dreams is getting MOWED. No sign of waterlogged pitch

Asnsdk4CMAAqGEt.jpg:large

Courtesy of [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Junior is conserving his energy for his debut tonight, light lunch around an hour ago

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I plan to spend most of the evening in the BAR, on the basis that the standard of football is usually quite DREADFUL :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I plan to spend most of the evening behind BARS, on the basis that the standard of policing is usually quite shit

*this may or may not be true*

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I plan to spend the evening saying very little into the microphone after the criticism last year!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here