Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of Rangers?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Bill Miller withdraws bid for Rangers

Bill Miller, the preferred bidder to buy Rangers, has withdrawn his bid for the club, the American businessman has confirmed.
More to follow.

BBC Sport - Bill Miller withdraws bid for Rangers

Be such a shame ok they got them self in the shit, but still that league is dead without them and Celtic, if they go Celtic might as well move south and join the English leagues.

I think they will fold and start from the bottom.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Cardiff and Swansea have a long history in the English leagues. I would suggest that makes the situation very different.

All have to start at some point im guessing the same reaction some have now happened to them back then

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Apparantly they can just go bust, reform,and if they get the votes.... go straight back into the SPL !!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Surely its no real difference to Cardiff and Swansea?

Swansea 's first team have never played in any Welsh league, they joined the Southern League Second Division a year after they were formed. Their reserve side has played in the Welsh Football League. Cardiff originally joined the Cardiff and district league then South Wales Amateur League Before joining the Southern League Second Division in 1910. A massive difference to either Rangers or Celtic joining the Football League system.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Seems theRangers fans were very sceptical of Millers bid........and I can understand that. Rangers are screwed financially, and it needs an 'owner' who has a passion for the club. Miller has never been to Ibrox, knows nothing about football and it would appear, has been looked upon as an 'asset stripper'.

Didn't we have someone in our past who fitted that description......?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The real reason is that legally and technically Wales is actually part of England. This is why Wales can only have a 'regional assembly' but Scotland can have its own 'parliament'.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
To be fair, there's an English team (Berwick Rangers) playing in the Scottish League, so it's only fair there should be a Scottish team playing in the English league in return. Much as Celtic would be good for the English game attendance-wise etc, I think it would be fairest to pick the nearest one to the border, which would be Annan Athletic I believe.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea 's first team have never played in any Welsh league, they joined the Southern League Second Division a year after they were formed. Their reserve side has played in the Welsh Football League. Cardiff originally joined the Cardiff and district league then South Wales Amateur League Before joining the Southern League Second Division in 1910. A massive difference to either Rangers or Celtic joining the Football League system.

But there both governed by there national FA not English FA

infact that might have changed this season or will change next seaon

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
But there both governed by there national FA not English FA

infact that might have changed this season or will change next seaon

As of the start of the 2011/12 season Cardiff and Swansea are governed, at least in part if not fully, by the English FA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here