Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prometheus - FINALLY, a true sequel to Alien

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]iIJeQNyZ6VE[/yt]

Well, prequel technically, as Prometheus takes place 37 years before Alien. Ridley Scott directs. Aliens was tremendous fun, but every Alien outing since that one has ranged from 'meh' to outright TURD. This one, I think, will get it back on track.

If I only go to see one film this year, I clearly don't get out enough. But being as Ridley is once more behind the camera, this has the makings of being a sci-fi horror classic.

My one fear is that they'll chop it down to a 12A for the cinema release, being as Fox will want bums on seats. This very much NEEDS to be an 18.

Roll on June 1st.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
check out the david happy birthday and david the andriod trailers.....eeeek.

hollywood PR and subliminals for transhumanism?

still looks amazing tho :)

Last edited:

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I think some people will be disappointed by this film. Not because its bad but because the original Alien is not set to feature in it at all. Its set in the same Universe as Alien but is a different story,Ridley Scott has tried to distance the Alien tag by saying "while Alien was indeed the jumping-off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative".
I am looking forward to Ridley Scott makes good films, though your fears over it having a lower rating will no doubt be realised.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This and Iron Sky!

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Saw the trailer last night at cinema and thought it looked great. Will def go and see that one, although havn't been to cinema in ages and last night as I approached the ticket kiosk a young lady behind the counter, calm as a cucumber, shoved a sawn-off in my face and robbed me to the tune of £9 per person to see a film.

PS...."Safe"...with Jason Statham...........Just wait till the DVD!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I saw the trailer at a showing of Avengers which would hint that it would be a 12A. I agree with what people are saying this needs to be an adult Sci Fi/Horror film for it to work. 15 minimun.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not officially an Alien prequel though is it.

It's more of a prequel rather than the sequel that Easy 10 has named it as.... however, it does look top knotch and I'm sure i read a quote from the director saying " It will terrify you "

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The trailer attatched to this thread is infact stronger and more violent than the one I saw yesterday at the cinema so fingers crossed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
SpaceJockey.jpg

I'm hoping it'll give a bit of backstory to this bastard. Seems to be some images in the trailer that reference it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
SpaceJockey.jpg

I'm hoping it'll give a bit of backstory to this bastard. Seems to be some images in the trailer that reference it.

Er, the crew of the Nostromo found him like that with a rather large hole in the ribs....M.O. of a standard Alien exit surely ?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Looking forward to Prometheus, don't really go to the cinema much these days but if this carries a 18 certificate (like others have mentioned) it should be bossy and well worth the entrance fee.

Watched Alien and Aliens last week both just great films, not often you get a good a sequel, let alone one which deviates so much from the original and still enhances the reputation of the series.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Er, the crew of the Nostromo found him like that with a rather large hole in the ribs....M.O. of a standard Alien exit surely ?

Yes but I want to SEE IT dammit !

And maybe see him running around and shit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Prometheus will receive an R rating | TotalFilm.com

"Prometheus will be rated R, according to Collider, who've got their hands upon a pre-sale ticket stub promising the kind of adult entertainment that made Alien such a nerve-jangling success.

Fox have always maintained that the film would not be tinkered with in order to achieve a broader certificate, and it would appear that they've been as good as their word if that little "R" on the stub is to be believed.

"I can assure the fans absolutely they can take it that the film will not be compromised either way," said Fox CEO Tom Rothman last month. "So if that means that the film is R, then it’ll be an R. If it’s PG-13, then it’ll be a PG-13. But it will not be compromised."

Yessssss

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Seems a great film...if it is a prequal then I query the fact that they seem far more technology evolved....but a minor detail....how can anybody forget when Sigourney Weaver stepped into that spacesuit near the end...wow!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here