Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Future Managers

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Who do you think will be a top class manager in say 10 years time either an existing manager now or current player/ex-player?
Will David Beckham become top dog one day or not be cut out for it?
Phil Neville is one that is being groomed as a future manager
Who will be the future Fergie winning title after title?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Top players haven't always gone on to be great managers. There is nothing I've seen about Beckham that makes me think he'd be any good. Though he'll probably still be clinging on as a player in ten years time, hoping to get a place in the 2022 World Cup squad like he's angling for the Olympics now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Phil Neville would probably make a great manager, however. Thinks a lot, is actually pretty intelligent if you read his tweets, has a career that would earn instant respect, and has worked with and learned from some excellent bosses.

Oct 25, 2003
i think phil neville would make a great manager personally

doubt beckham would care that much....he clearly loves his football, but with the money he's made there isn't really much motivation for him to go into management....the best managers seem to be the ones who didn't have great playing careers and therefore HAD to go into coaching/management as a way of staying in the game and making a living(mourinho, wenger both spring to mind....there are exceptions of course)

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Gerrard will be a great manager i think.

Villas Boas will get another big job and show he is a class manager

Dicanio will be a prem league manager

As looking at England job in 10 years time, i have no idea it would be a English manager i would think as thats the way we seem to be going now, but who not sure at all

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Drogba should be in a position to step up into Gus' shoes, in a couple of years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you not getting bored of putting Drogba into every single one of your posts?
I've hardly warmed up.

When he appears in the cycling and homeland threads, then you'll know I'm in trouble.

If you say something often enough it's bound to come true.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If you say something often enough it's bound to come true.

I have proved over the last 6 years that it doesn't matter how often you say or think something, it doesn't make it any less likely to happen. :thumbsup:

And it doesn't make it any less tedious, either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And it doesn't make it any less tedious, either.
It's taken the best part of 2 weeks before someone finally pulled me up on it.

I was starting to believe it myself!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've not been the same since Scooby Doo left your avatar. :nono:
Yeah I need to get that sorted.
I still have Scooby, but it wouldn't load back after the last refit.

Someone did say they'll fix the problem for me, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Interesting question. How many of today's top managers were top players as well? Not many.

A manager needs to be intelligent, tactful, a good communicator, a people person, diplomatic, motivational, student of the game etc. So that rules out every player in the current England Squad and very definately Messrs Beckham, Giggs and Scholes. I'm afraid that Mr Beckham's first foray into player motivation (SA 2010) did not go all that well.

I don't know if there will be another Fergie - there are not many clubs around that would give a manager that long in charge.

But if there is one, it will be someone very few people have heard of or perhaps a very good player whose career was cut short through injury ala Clough.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here