Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bridge, BBC4

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Has anyone else been watching this?

It's (yet another) Scandinavian thriller in ten episodes, and has been compulsive viewing. Basically, the lights go out on the Oresund Bridge (connecting Copenhagen with Malmo) and a body is found right on the border line between the two countries. It's brilliantly compulsive viewing if you can be bothered with the subtitles on a Saturday night.

All 4 episides so far on the BBC iPlayer in case you're interested.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

It's (yet another) Scandinavian thriller in ten episodes, and has been compulsive viewing. Basically, the lights go out on the Oresund Bridge (connecting Copenhagen with Malmo) and a body is found right on the border line between the two countries. It's brilliantly compulsive viewing if you can be bothered with the subtitles on a Saturday night.

Me and Mrs Peteinblack were totally hooked after the very first episode. Brilliant, but complex, story-line about a serial killer who has bizarre ways of killing people, and interesting characters; the two cops are great, but totally different personalities.

I guess comparisons with The Killing are inevitable, but I certainly think The Bridge is in the same league.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yeah, liking this. It's quite dark. Good characters.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's very good. A great addition to the BBC4 Scandinavian drama stable. Can't wait for Borgen and the Killing to return later in the year either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I did find myself getting quite jealous of the bloke who got to smash the Swedish detective. What a quality bar conversation that was:

"Can I buy you a drink?"
"No!"
...bloke walks away
...woman follows him and taps him on the shoulder
"Why did you walk away? "
"Errr"
"I just don't want a drink. Would you like to come to my house to have sex with me?"
...bloke gets coat, and is conkers deep in the next scene

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Kicking a guy in the balls just after he's had a vasectomy - ouch.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am enjoying it, but it is f***ing stupid. Enthralling and completely ludicrous. I find it amusing that there seem to be about 37 actors in all of Scandanavia, so in this, if you've watched the far superior The Killing and Borgen, you'll recognise a whole of actors you remember so well from something to us so recent.
Still recommend the Bridge as it's gloriously absurd fun. And i sing the theme to it all week in a maudlin finnish style.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Hooked after 5 minutes,theme tune very catchily haunting-more twists and turns to come as all the stories come together.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh yeah the music is superb.

It is of course an absurd scenario, but isn't that the point?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's very good (watched the first three).
It's more like Wallander than the The Killing and a bit Luther. As they're my favourite cop shows at the moment* it's pretty excellent

*Along with Castle you need to be cheerful some times

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
Does anyone know the song at the start of each episode? LOVE IT!

The programme itself is gripping but a bit silly. Why do they not arrest the journalist for conspiring with the killer? Especially as the cops are trying to "do something the killer doesn't expect"

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Does anyone know the song at the start of each episode? LOVE IT!

The programme itself is gripping but a bit silly. Why do they not arrest the journalist for conspiring with the killer? Especially as the cops are trying to "do something the killer doesn't expect"

Hollow talk - Choir of young believers

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

The killing was f***ing ace. I'm all over this bridge shit too.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm watching the second episode now, I'm confused about the man who moved that woman into the house and the crazy lady who runs around with her chest out. Hopefully it becomes clearer soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here