Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim McNulty - Barnsley players Player of the Year

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nor should Craig Davies, I still maintain that if he was in our side this year he'd have scored more than our top scorer...

You'll get no support from me about Craig Davies. Gone on to do very well, but crap for us. And by all accounts, not a pleasant character either.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You'll get no support from me about Craig Davies. Gone on to do very well, but crap for us. And by all accounts, not a pleasant character either.

Nope. Me neither. He was woeful for us, he's just in a team that suits him.

As for McNulty, very pleased for him. Sorry to see him go but good to see him settled and doing well.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I liked McNulty.

Craig Davies isn't the future if the Albion want to be PL or knocking on the door of the PL.

Vaz Te would surely have won it if he'd stayed. Class.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Agree NE, I remember Davies at the kids Christmas party didn't come across in a nice way at all.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I think Davies (or Barney/Barndoor as my dad refers to him as) may be the pantomime villain on Saturday, getting booed etc.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nor should Craig Davies, I still maintain that if he was in our side this year he'd have scored more than our top scorer...

hounded out by the fans sadly..................................... not the first and won't be the last - as we already saw with our "supporters" reaction to one error of judgement by David Gonzalez on debut and to the contributions of our top scorer, Ashley Barnes, they can be pretty quick to decide someone's ability and very hard to budge. Davies was jeered and derided with the "Barn Door" nickname almost straight away and that, as they say, was that.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
hounded out by the fans sadly..................................... not the first and won't be the last - as we already saw with our "supporters" reaction to one error of judgement by David Gonzalez on debut and to the contributions of our top scorer, Ashley Barnes, they can be pretty quick to decide someone's ability and very hard to budge. Davies was jeered and derided with the "Barn Door" nickname almost straight away and that, as they say, was that.

The supporters around me in WSU who went to the Watford game (I didn't), and are very loyal to the entire team, thought Gonzalez was and is awful, and should be released, along with Ankergren.

The aim is the PL, and we have to make hard decisions. The squad cannot keep expanding out of sentiment.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gus didn't get rid of Davies because of "the fans".

Very pleased for McNulty, I've said all along I'd have liked him to stay but I'm glad he's doing well anyway. :clap:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gus didn't get rid of Davies because of "the fans".

of course not - but it is hard to deny that the fans' reaction to a player doesn't impact on their performance (just look at how Barnes has reacted this season to the jeers from the crowd). Davies was constantly barracked and just watching him play you could see his anxiety go through the roof so that when chances came a miskick was almost inevitable - sure he is a professional footballer but you just need to look at how he has done since to see that he had ability.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Good to see Jim doing so well after the awful luck he had whilst down here!
Well done Jim!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Agreed, I always thought he was better than most give him credit for.

I don't feel any great warmth for McNulty.He had that horrendous injury and long recovery period and he then expected to waltz straight back into the team and asked to leave/ go out on loan when he didn't get in. Good luck to him but he's no more than an ex Albion journeyman player to me. Never even tried to stay and fight for his place, I think he owed us that.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
of course not - but it is hard to deny that the fans' reaction to a player doesn't impact on their performance (just look at how Barnes has reacted this season to the jeers from the crowd). Davies was constantly barracked and just watching him play you could see his anxiety go through the roof so that when chances came a miskick was almost inevitable - sure he is a professional footballer but you just need to look at how he has done since to see that he had ability.
A few people moan about Barnes, he plays his normal game. I don't really see your point there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here