Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The stadium Expansion decision thread. Meeting 2pm today.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Is this the definitive result today? I thought I read something about there being another meeting/decision to be made on the back of this?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"We're gonna expand in a minute, expand in a mi-nute!"

football-fans.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Here's hoping.

The club is reasonably confident anyway. :)

They certainly do! There would be a fair amount of egg on faces if it was rejected, especially given the fact the club are already selling East Upper tickets so hopefully it is all just a formality!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Does anyone have a link to the webcam coverage. (I may have just imagined there being a webcast)?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Let us all hope that it is a YES decision, then we can get Jack Straw along with his trusty ladder and camera out of retirement.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is this the definitive result today? I thought I read something about there being another meeting/decision to be made on the back of this?

There's two applications being decided.

One is for the stadium expansion, for which the Council officers' recommendation was 'Minded to Grant'. The other is for the construction of a temporary car park, along with a temporary community centre, on the site of what's left of Falmer School. The Council officers' recommendation is to 'Grant'.

The Planning Committee will discuss the report, question the Albion (and other interested parties, if necessary), allow representations to be made and so on, though most interested parties have 'no objection'. The local residents' associations have raised objections, though.

The application for a variation on use of pyrotechnics is due to be heard on 22nd June, though that's a bit daft because it's principally for the Fatboy Slim concerts on 1st and 2nd June.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
There's two applications being decided.

One is for the stadium expansion, for which the Council officers' recommendation was 'Minded to Grant'. The other is for the construction of a temporary car park, along with a temporary community centre, on the site of what's left of Falmer School. The Council officers' recommendation is to 'Grant'.

The Planning Committee will discuss the report, question the Albion (and other interested parties, if necessary), allow representations to be made and so on, though most interested parties have 'no objection'. The local residents' associations have raised objections, though.

The application for a variation on use of pyrotechnics is due to be heard on 22nd June, though that's a bit daft because it's principally for the Fatboy Slim concerts on 1st and 2nd June.

Ta very much!

It will be subject to signing of a legal agreement but by that point the decision has been made and the development can go ahead once the agreement has been signed.

Is this to do with the landowners having to sign off on the planning consent? I heard at the Watford game that Brighton University, who apparently own a small part of the land on which the stadium is built, are seeking some sort of "quid pro quo" for their agreement.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So will we actually get to hear the decision TODAY then ?
I'm mindful these things rarely chug along swiftly.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is this to do with the landowners having to sign off on the planning consent? I heard at the Watford game that Brighton University, who apparently own a small part of the land on which the stadium is built, are seeking some sort of "quid pro quo" for their agreement.

No idea- just referring to the officers report about the CPZ and station 'upgrades'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Doesn't say in this, though they do seem far more 'on-board' than previously.

Amex expansion moves a step forward From The Argus)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
They say no - I probably wont get a ST for a very long time, along with 3,000 others
They say yes - I will probably have a ST for next season, along with 3,000 others

So not a lot on the line then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here