Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away fans in home end

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The ground rules state you should be ejected if in the wrong area of a ground, whether they are followed or not is another thing

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've taken two mates this season one a Stains supporter the other Ipswich ... I'm happy to find more next year if that's the impact on performance!

They get the "full rules" before turning up

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I was in the home end at West Ham, all was going ok until I couldn't be arsed to to stand up with everyone else when their 6th went in and skulked out shortly after with a lot 'banter' from the home fans directed my way!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I sold my seat for the Watford game to a Watford fan who hadn't been able to get a ticket in the away end. He doesn't pose much of a problem, however, considering he is deaf and partially blind. Not really sure what he got out of the experience, but I don't think anyone spotted he was a Watford fan. Could have been a bit hairy if he'd done a jig of some kind at half time.

The policy is like having mincers in the military - if they don't dress up in the wrong clobber and go advertising their persuasion, they will be tolerated.
They won't be required to dance and sing when The Albion score, but they aren't welcome to do same if their team manage to.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I've often been in the home end as an away fan when meeting up with friends and family who support other clubs - Villa, Spurs, Reading, West Ham, Cambridge, Cardiff - and it hasn't been a problem although a very different experience.

The problems come if you stick out and start making a fool of yourself, thankfully I've kept my mouth shut.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why not? I have a season ticket next to two Chelsea fans and one Tottenham. I know loads of people who have season tickets who wouldn't class themselves as a Brighton supporter.

Fair enough. Although I know one bloke who isn't a Brighton fan who goes, all the people I've spoken to around me are Brighton through and through and all the others I know who go are too. I thought 'thousands' was way off but maybe I'm wrong?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Remember the Liverpool games? I know people who were in the home end during the game at the Amex and in the away end up at Anfield, who'd class themselves as Liverpool fans.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Can't understand why anyone would go in the wrong end if they could get in the right end.

If you are going with mates who support the other team then say goodbye before kick off and meet up again after the game, simple.

Remember the Liverpool games? I know people who were in the home end during the game at the Amex and in the away end up at Anfield, who'd class themselves as Liverpool fans.

It's all about how people behave, an example (albeit from the FS) a Liverppol fan and his kid, openly displayed their colours and stood up and gave Gerrard a reception, but when they scored they were a lot more respectful and didn't rub any noses in it, therefore no probs.

When I was in the Holmsdale end a few Palace lads knew there was "a weed" in the end, when we scored I kept my thoughts to myself, at the end of the match a few shook my hand and appreciated the fact I had "respected the end"

It's all about how people behave, an example (albeit from the FS) a Liverppol fan and his kid, openly displayed their colours and stood up and gave Gerrard a reception, but when they scored they were a lot more respectful and didn't rub any noses in it, therefore no probs.

When I was in the Holmsdale end a few Palace lads knew there was "a weed" in the end, when we scored I kept my thoughts to myself, at the end of the match a few shook my hand and appreciated the fact I had "respected the end"

I do hope you washed your hand later.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I got to Cold Blow Lane just before kick off a few years back and went in the wrong side in my haste, ended up surrounded by the Millwall apemen who could barely speak English, they scored and I applauded politely, then I think it was Codner, who then struck a great equalizer off the bar and even a few of them gave it a clap while I applauded politely again. Then some homer climbed the fence and tried to kick Robinson and it erupted again around me, like being a cage of gorillas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here