Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those "win a car in a raffle" stands at airports

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I was waiting at Gatwick last month and watched them trying to flog these tickets for over an hour without any success whatsoever. If they sold 10,000 Id be very surprised, unless they give a car away every six years.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
And if you won one unless you live in a big house, where would you park it, how much to insure and service etc

Guess you would sell it pretty dam quick

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And they've got to pay for the stand. Does it say anywhere when the draw will be made, or if there's a limit on the number of tickets? If not, why would they ever do the draw?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I fly quite a bit from Gatwick to scotland (all three main airports) although I have never seen anyone buy one at Gatwick, they seem to be quite keen in scotland and sell quite a few!! even though they probebly could not afford a new tyre for it!!

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Looked into the company that does the car raffles a few months ago.

On their web site they have phone recordings of winners they have rung.

It's definitely legit and people do win. You can have the cash alternative too if you decide you can't afford to run the car.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I don't know him personally but a lad in Huddersfield won a Maclaren Mercedes SLR - it was in teh local rag - However he was only 21 so i reckon he probably sold it pretty much straight away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here