Have a look at my programmes website

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
My programmes website is now live at

HOME - Seagulls Programmes

It's a work in progress and there's loads more to do but all the programmes from my collection from the 1950s to 1976 are now uploaded to the site. As soon as more seasons are available i'll let you know via here, twitter & facebook.

MASSIVE thanks to [MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION] for his help in putting the site together. he's been brilliant and I would recommend him to ANYONE who needs help with a website.

There's a 'Season Memories' section linked to each season list, for people to post any particular memories from that season.

Let me know what you think.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This is fantastic! Well done for all the time, dedication and love of the Albion it's taken behind the scenes to get this up and running. Just out of interest, how current are you able to go with the programmes you are scanning?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This is fantastic! Well done for all the time, dedication and love of the Albion it's taken behind the scenes to get this up and running. Just out of interest, how current are you able to go with the programmes you are scanning?

Waiting for clarification from the club. Definitely not the current season but should be able to go fairly recent.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Waiting for clarification from the club. Definitely not the current season but should be able to go fairly recent.

That's great. I hope they are kind enough to supply the PDFs and save on scanning time.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Superb, Hiney, I love old programmes. I randomly opened one and immediately read that Dave Fazackerley's career was 'retarded', then flicked across to a tribute to Joe Wilson by none other than Sir Alf Ramsey. I wil be spending HOURS in here. Thanks for your time and effort.

Regarding your Facebook page, perhaps it should be a fan page that you can 'like' rather than one you add as a friend?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Was about to post that it was up. Should be compulsory homework for any supporter under 30 or there abouts, so that the line when professional football became a business over a sport can be appreciated.

Crowd Control. 1961 v Liverpool, 2nd Division.
On Police advice, perambulation from the North to South will no longer be permitted. :cry:

Don't worry you could still perambulate up and down the Chicken Run and we did. :cool:

Wonderful Hiney thanks. :clap:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just looked at the Joe Kinnear testimonial match programme. Lists Jimmy Greaves as playing for Brighton that day. Did it happen?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tremendous work Hiney/Gripper.

Really like the look of that and can't wait for the 70s and 80s programmes to be uploaded!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My programmes website is now live at

HOME - Seagulls Programmes

It's a work in progress and there's loads more to do but all the programmes from my collection from the 1950s to 1976 are now uploaded to the site. As soon as more seasons are available i'll let you know via here, twitter & facebook.

MASSIVE thanks to [MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION] for his help in putting the site together. he's been brilliant and I would recommend him to ANYONE who needs help with a website.

There's a 'Season Memories' section linked to each season list, for people to post any particular memories from that season.

Let me know what you think.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How about this for an idea?

A button on the home page that you click to take you to a random programme :clap:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
!977 (Sheff Weds) I'm amused by the centre page pin-up of the match referee Don Biddle (Detective Sargeant and Fingerprint Expert). Strange to see a big image printed like that (TO-DAYS PERSONALITY). I was always of the understanding that the cult of the celebrity ref was a modern development, yet there, the program gives him far, far more attention than you'd ever see nowadays.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 238

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
!977 (Sheff Weds) I'm amused by the centre page pin-up of the match referee Don Biddle (Detective Sargeant and Fingerprint Expert). Strange to see a big image printed like that (TO-DAYS PERSONALITY). I was always of the understanding that the cult of the celebrity ref was a modern development, yet there, the program gives him far, far more attention than you'd ever see nowadays.

When did they stop hyphenating "to-day?", I didn't realise it was so recent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here