Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking near Lewes Train Station

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
My apologies, I know this has no doubt been discussed several times but due work i'm gonna have to come to tomorrows game by train :(

I was gonna park at Cooksbridge and go from there but parking in Lewes would save time on the way back. Where is a good, legal place to park near to the train station?

Thanks very much

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
You can try the car park next to the dropping pan. Free from 6pm but you must leave me a space! Failing that drive a little further down past the dripping pan and you will find some on street parking without any problems.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
You can try the car park next to the dropping pan. Free from 6pm but you must leave me a space! Failing that drive a little further down past the dripping pan and you will find some on street parking without any problems.

Don't park up near the station you will get a ticket. If it is around 7.00pm you will have problems as most places will be taken.

May well try the Dripping Pan, it's likely to be around 6.30ish (I hate my work, wankers)

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Lewes colledge has a big car park loAads of room and doesn.t get locked.

Oct 6, 2010
I wish peoplewould stop telling others about the dripping pan!!! So few spaces already!!!
Think Ill try the college then, are you sure they dont lock it?

wag chaser

Feb 18, 2009
Can 100% assure you they do not lock the gates to sussex downs colege.
The far gate opposite sports centre is left open 24/7

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
You didn't mention that you were looking for a free space, so why not park at the train station? On the odd occasion I've had to take the train I've never had an issue parking there and jumping on.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I may be wrong, but most (if not all) car parks in Lewes are free after 6pm. We tend to park at the one next to Harveys Brewery, have a couple of snifters in the Gardeners and walk to the station in around 10 mins.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I may be wrong, but most (if not all) car parks in Lewes are free after 6pm. We tend to park at the one next to Harveys Brewery, have a couple of snifters in the Gardeners and walk to the station in around 10 mins.

I may be wrong too, but if you mean the car park opposite the brewery on the other side of the river, I thought that was the only Lewes car park that charges apply to after 6pm? Maybe somebody will confirm either way?

Whatever, don't park in the spaces outside Laura Ashley or the roadway alongside the car park. From the back of Waitrose up to the T junction near the bridge, its technically a private road & the scumbags clamp along there. Rest assured they will if you park there.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I may be wrong too, but if you mean the car park opposite the brewery on the other side of the river, I thought that was the only Lewes car park that charges apply to after 6pm? Maybe somebody will confirm either way?

Whatever, don't park in the spaces outside Laura Ashley or the roadway alongside the car park. From the back of Waitrose up to the T junction near the bridge, its technically a private road & the scumbags clamp along there. Rest assured they will if you park there.

No, I don't mean that one. I mean the one between Pheonix Causeway and Cliffe High Street accessed off of Harveys Way. I'm not sure about the one behind Cliffe High Street by the river accessed from Court Way, but we have used that one on occasion.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but got to park in Lewes for tonight's game and wondered if anyone could advise of free or cheap parking near Lewes train station, if I arrive around 6pm.

Thanks in advance for any meaningful input...!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but got to park in Lewes for tonight's game and wondered if anyone could advise of free or cheap parking near Lewes train station, if I arrive around 6pm.

Thanks in advance for any meaningful input...!

Park in Mountfield Road car park next to the dripping pan, 2 minute walk to the station and free at 6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here