Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking around Upton Park

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Taking the car up to the game and will come in on the A13 which I believe is south of the ground.... Can anyone recommend a place/area to park in which gives easy access back out. Don't mind a 20 min walk etc etc

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Are you mad???

Where to Park?
Parking around the ground is well nigh impossible and public transport is definitely recommended. However, there is a pay and display car park at Newham General Hospital, a 15-minute walk from the stadium. From Barking Road, drive past the ground, turning left into Prince Regent Lane .

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Prefer a day out with the boys on the train.... but taking my young son up then off to family gathering... in East Anglia so car it is! Thanks for the tip mate.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Leave the A406 at the Barking junction. At the roundabout at the bottom of the slip road, turn right, taking the 3rd exit towards East Ham (Barking Road). Proceed West along Barking Road through several sets of traffic lights until you have passed the lights at East Ham Town Hall (big red Victorian building on the left just before the lights). 3/4 mile further, you pass the ground on your right (behind a parade of shops, including the Hammers Shop). At the next lights (Boleyn Arms Pub on right hand corner), turn right into Green Street. The main entrance to the ground is 200 yards on your right. Thanks to Gareth Howell for providing the directions.

On Saturday matchdays, parking is very restricted with little or no off-road parking. The best areas to look for spaces are roads left off Barking Road, once you are past the lights at East Ham Town Hall. Andy Wright suggests; 'You can park at Newham General Hospital, where there is a pay and display car park, which costs £2 for three hours, or £4 for six. To find the hospital; From Barking Road, passing the ground on your right, after a few traffic lights turn left into Prince Regent Lane (Newham General is signposted at the lights), the hospital is just up this road and is about a 15 minute stroll away from the ground'.

Whilst Alex Stewart suggests an alternative route; 'come off the M25 at J29 and take the A127 to Upminster. Park at Upminster tube station (£2 for the day) and you can get a return ticket to Upton Park which will get you there in less than 25 minutes' (Cost £8 return adults, under 16's go free). Chris Ackrill agrees; 'I've experimented over several years with various routes to the stadium, and my conclusion is that it saves time and frustration by parking well in the suburbs and getting a tube. Getting anywhere near the ground by road can easily add on an hour, and it'll be the hardest hour's drive you've ever had. Things are no better on Sundays either'.

Last edited:

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
I parked at 'Nam hospital last time I went there, loads of spaces, good value and 10 mins walk straight along main roads to the Boleyn. Would park there again.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
booked parkatmyhouse.com got a space 10 mins walk away £10 but shared between 4

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
If you get there nice and early....1 ish, there should be plenty of street parking off the Barking road near the ground. Ive been driving there for 25 years and always got a space.

I usually take the A13 then come off at the A117. At the bottom of the slip road, turn right onto the high street and keep going until you reach the Barking road (East Ham town hall will be on your right,) At the Barking road junction (traffic lights), turn left onto the Barking road and about 1/2 a mile down there is the Boleyn. I choose any of the roads such as Dickens rd, Thackery, Macaulay, loxford etc etc....you'll usually find a space.

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Parked in newham hospital, took me 80 mins to get there from Brighton and plenty of parking. Looked on google maps...and found little short cut out thru a side street and up boundary road to ground in 15 mins... Even bumped into Bobby Moore world cup statue which was nice to show my son.

Absolute breeze, thanks for the tip off again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here