Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Couldn't care less they should take a sandwich with them

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
My wife is coeliac and has to follow a gluten free diet.
We have only been to one club in the country that sells gluten free snacks, Cardiff City.
There is now over a million people in Britain that Have to follow this.
With the Albion being a flagship modern club then a few prepacked snacks would be ver y welcome.
Yes I know, she could take her own but why should she, there is a niche in the market for this side of catering.
Come on Brighton, Gluten Free please

silkyseagull

Aug 1, 2011
As I work for the caterers I would be interested to know where you and your wife sit.

There doesn't appear to be a call for these kind of snacks stadium wide but it would be great if we could get some in your area just for you!

Can you confirm what sort of thing would be most suitable or of interest?

Thanks for your feedback

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
We are in the WSU and I feel sure these would catch on if the club sold them, maybe not, but surely worth a try

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
As I work for the caterers I would be interested to know where you and your wife sit.

There doesn't appear to be a call for these kind of snacks stadium wide but it would be great if we could get some in your area just for you!

Can you confirm what sort of thing would be most suitable or of interest?

Thanks for your feedback

I'm in west stand lower and also on a gluten free diet, with the lack of chips it does severly limit my options.

Stattoseagull

Banned
Feb 25, 2007
Plumpton Green
My wife is coeliac and has to follow a gluten free diet.
We have only been to one club in the country that sells gluten free snacks, Cardiff City.
There is now over a million people in Britain that Have to follow this.
With the Albion being a flagship modern club then a few prepacked snacks would be ver y welcome.
Yes I know, she could take her own but why should she, there is a niche in the market for this side of catering.
Come on Brighton, Gluten Free please

Totally agree - I've been a Coeliac for 30 years, things are gradually getting better with proactive catering firms and restaurants as they recognise that at least 1% of the population are diagnosed with this condition. Therefore on any given match day there would theoretically be around 250 of us in the stadium.
I've found that if a service is offered, most Coeliacs will show their appreciation by purchasing any suitable offerings.
For the record, I'm in the West Stand Lower

Last edited:

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
With the more recent changes to the wheat used in bread and flour, there are more and more people who are finding they are allergic or intolerant to gluten.

With Brighton being as it is, i expect there are more people than one would expect who would like a gluten fee option.

I can understand the reluctance for chips, they are an easy projectile and make a right mess.

Ideally there'd be a gluten free pie option.

Maybe the club could start a survey amongst season ticket holders to see how many people would prefer it to see if it's a viable option.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Being on a gluten free diet is getting cooler and cooler by the day.

Could be the best thing since the rise of the veggie/vegan

Seagull Till I Die

Sep 5, 2015
This is an amazing suggestion. Fully support it. Also it is brilliant to see the club catering staff reply in such an accommodating way. Full support!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here