Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Boy Slim ---gig

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes on a beach I get it, might even be tempted to have a boggie myself, beer in hand if free and pissed enough. But seriously, will 20/30 thousand people really buy a ticket to watch a dj spin records. Correct me if i'm wrong but that is what he/it is. A famous dj, standing with a pair of headphones on, queueing up discs and playing them, while he waves his hands around a lot in the air and wiggles about a bit, with a good light show behind him.That's a light show not an actual person with any talent......Utter crap!!!I'd be amazed if it sells out, I wouldn't cross the road to watch it.:down:

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes on a beach I get it, might even be tempted to have a boggie myself, beer in hand if free and pissed enough. But seriously, will 20/30 thousand people really buy a ticket to watch a dj spin records. Correct me if i'm wrong but that is what he/it is. A famous dj, standing with a pair of headphones on, queueing up discs and playing them, while he waves his hands around a lot in the air and wiggles about a bit, with a good light show behind him.That's a light show not an actual person with any talent......Utter crap!!!I'd be amazed if it sells out, I wouldn't cross the road to watch it.:down:

:lol:

I agree. The beach was good as there were about 100,000 people? And it was free!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They seem to be giving tickets away left right and center for this,i reckon they are having trouble shifting them.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
:lol:

I agree. The beach was good as there were about 100,000 people? And it was free!

More like 200,000 for the big one in 2002, that was a truley tremendous day, one of the best of my life! Our wonderful city was party central, I remember dancing in the sea and waking up with my t shirt burnt to my skin after doing somersaults through bonfires! It was a magical night!

D

Deleted member 18477

They seem to be giving tickets away left right and center for this,i reckon they are having trouble shifting them.

Should have only done 1 night. Imagine if theres only 10,000 each night...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Should have only done 1 night. Imagine if theres only 10,000 each night...

Yes,and had someone else play at the Amex the next night.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

It's not Jean Michel Jarre at Docklands put it that way.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's not Jean Michel Jarre at Docklands put it that way,

One of the fruitiest gigs ever to hit these shores and no mistake. I think Lady Di (pronounced 'dee' by Italians) was there the night when we went.

There is honestly more chance of JLS shifting more than 243 tickets for their Hove cricket ground gig than there is of Norm selling out the Amex unfortunately (and no we're not including pathetic, thick stuck-in-the-1950s-stay-at-home-housewife-HeartFM-listeners who won free tickets for the JLS gig on a HeartFM phone-in in that 243 count before anyone says it!!!!)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
One of the fruitiest gigs ever to hit these shores and no mistake. I think Lady Di (pronounced 'dee' by Italians) was there the night when we went.

There is honestly more chance of JLS shifting more than 243 tickets for their Hove cricket ground gig than there is of Norm selling out the Amex unfortunately (and no we're not including pathetic, thick stuck-in-the-1950s-stay-at-home-housewife-HeartFM-listeners who won free tickets for the JLS gig on a HeartFM phone-in in that 243 count before anyone says it!!!!)

JMJ is one of my heroes. I was there and although it pissed down it was magnificent. The clouds and rain clearly briefly whilst Oxygene was performed. Sublime.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
JMJ is one of my heroes. I was there and although it pissed down it was magnificent. The clouds and rain clearly briefly whilst Oxygene was performed. Sublime.

Great projections as well Unc. I do believe Sir Patrick Mcgoohan, as either Number Six, or possibly Dangerman, might have been beamed onto one of the derelict buildings that evening.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I saw him again at Wembley indoor arena and although it was superb as the music stands on it's on it was not the same as the overall live experience of a JMJ concert. The bloke is a f***ing legend to me. I really want to see him again.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It was brilliant around 250k the argus said if I recall it was just insane people hanging off lamp posts dancing away.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Rockism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

I don't mind a slice of Orbital, but I was watching them on TV the other evening and didn't really comprehend the need for the pair of them to be there on stage behind their large banks of technology, turning the occasional knob up to eleven, their general fluffy involvement seeming largely unnecessary in producing the 'seemingly' pre-prepared Orbital sound. You wouldn't have Delia Smith cook a roast chicken dinner beforehand then come out in front of the cameras and pretend to be cooking the same bird all over again....then again maybe you would NSC!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Judging by the reaction on here in the last hour, I think it's a bit of a shame that a Brighton legend and all round good fella, might be playing in front of one man and his dog. I wonder if there is a back up plan to do both on one night, just to try and fill the place. I fear the whole idea of being first at the Amex and his love for the club, may have somewhat clouded his judgement, as to the sort of venue he is best suited too.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
On the Seagulls site it now only has West Stand hospitality tickets left for the 2nd and nothing for the 1st! Does this mean its almost sold out? I've been umming and rrring for ages now as have a fair few I've a feeling they will both sell out fairly close to the dates.

His site still has some.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
[MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION] a lot of my colleagues are going, talk from the customers has been nothing but good about BBB2012.

I've even been tempted to go myself!

I'm sure it will be a proverbial pocket rocket.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here