Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official shops that are open on easter sunday thread

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
In order to help the good folk of NSC, please post in this thread what shops you know to be open today.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Co-op Shoreham High Street

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ive been to Coombs on Baker Street for dog food, Turkish shop in London Road for lemons, Sunny Food in Beaconsfield Parade for eggs butter and the local shakti store on Ditchling Road for caster sugar, going to make lemon drizzle cakes for all our guests tomorrow.

WH Smiths was open in London Road as was Super-drug, everything else was sensibly closed...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Shops under 6,000 sq ft are allowed to open. So most corner shops that open on a Sunday should be open today.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Shops under 6,000 sq ft are allowed to open. So most corner shops that open on a Sunday should be open today.

Actually it's only shops under 3,014 square feet that can legally trade today

See here: Requirements for large shops on Easter Sunday and Christmas Day | Business Link

Does this mean that the smaller high street chain stores are open whilst their neighbours with bigger premises remain shut, or is it really just a rule that allows little local shops like the mini mart to stay open?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can confirm the Spar shop on Yarborough Road in Grimsby is open.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Dear NSCers

I am writing to confirm that the Co-op and Tesco shops close to the Grenadier Pub in Hove are open
lots of love

Eees complicated

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dear NSCers

I am writing to confirm that the Co-op and Tesco shops close to the Grenadier Pub in Hove are open
lots of love

Eees complicated

I am able to confirm this information is in fact correct. :thumbsup:

I don't understand why shops close for Easter Sunday. Easter baffles me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here