Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lancashire shit hole towns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
All the comments on Burnley being a shit hole, which it is has got me thinking there really are some dumps in Lancashire but which is the worst. Rochdale, Oldham, Burnley, Leigh, wigan and not forgetting Blackburn...... Thoughts????

Madam Cholet

Feb 29, 2012
Morecambe is even worse. A soulless shithole with tumbleweed blowing down the high st.
Hmm, you could be right. Although I would go back to the Tivoli Bar in Morecambe just to laugh at the locals, whereas I will never set foot in Blackpool again (I wonder what the Strictly celebs think when they get there?). Of course, it may all have changed in the last three weeks...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
As someone who likes the north, I have to agree that Burnley is a dump. Have a soft spot for Rochdale, the football club and fans. Oldham is grim. Quite like the small Lancashire towns where they play league cricket like Accrington, Rawtenstall and Church. The locals are friendly and understand the difference between banter and abuse.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stalybridge is a bit depressing. Good pies though.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
So many f***ing awful places in that part of the world, can I add a few of the Liverpool overspill ones as well, St Helens, Ellesmere Port, Runcorn, Widnes (The Stench!) and Warrington to name but a few.....

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Haven't been there for a few years but Oldham was a stinkhole.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
I live up North, so think I'm pretty well placed to say that Burnley takes the prize.

So do I,just a tad over the border in North Yorkshire,I moved from the Oldham area and believe me Burnley is wonderful by comparisson, to that shite hole.
One shot Burnley picked our pockets today,they were awful but if you cannot score then you are not going to win.Cms was woeful this afternoon,Reyes,prey what is he about,pass after misplaced pass and Noone when he came on was unable to control the ball.On the positive side Burnley did not look like they would score,3 of the back 4 were really good,Mattock not so.
Dicker,Vicente (lost count of how many times he dropped a shoulder and took out 2/3 Burnley players)Navs bossed the middle but both of the front 2 never looked like scoring.Thought Buckley did ok,Barnes though started to look for free kicks by falling whenever challanged.
I was reminded of the way Arsenal try to walk the ball in but we are not in that league are we.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
For those who posted Blackpool and Preston ( f***ing middle class up there ) you could never have been to Rochdale. I asked someone up there why anyone would live there. Answer: Houses are £3000 cheaper than in Oldham. Thats all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here