Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vokes + CMS

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just had a read of what Poyet has said regarding the game on Friday and could we see these two upfront together from the start?

"I need to search something different away from home... We have got a few different options with players and shapes"

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
That could quite literally mean anything. But I agree It would be nice to see them both starting.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's more or less said in his press conference he's resting Barnes

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Will it be a masterstroke if it works?....Because three quarters of people on here have been screaming out for that for ages, with Vicente and Lualua just behind and wide.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I do not get all this clamour for Vokes and CMS to play together as I am not sure that is the answer. For me CMS needs to be on the pitch at the same time as Vicente and to more a lesser extend, Dicker. The debate over 'not playing to CMS' strenghts' has been done to death but for me it is Vicente and Dicker which is the key to unlocking Craig's potential.

You only have to look over the calls back in January and (in light of recent news) this week for us to go and get George Boyd from Peterborough. If Gus wanted a big hold-up player alongside Mackail-Smith then he probably would have made sure Murray had stayed.

That said, so long as we play a standard 4-4-2 with Dicker & Navs in the middle and Vicente and AN Other on the wings we could still accommodate Vokes up-top with CMS.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

D

Deleted member 18477

Attack dammit!!!!

Brez

Calde - Greer - el abd - mattock

Vicente - Razak - dicker - lualua

CMS - Vokes

Subs: Reyes, JFC, Assulin, Buckley, Toby

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Based on their time on the pitch together I doubt if playing the two of them is the option he is looking for. Maybe in the absence of Bridcutt, it will be two of Razak/Dicker/Navarro with Vicente and Buckley and Lua Lua out wide and one up front, probably Vokes. That's assuming he rests Barnes which would surprise me.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
I spent 3 weeks in Peterboro at the start of last year (important business meeting) and went to a couple of peterboro games. CMS was up front with some lard arse called Lee Tomlin and i'm telling you now CMS benefited from having him up there with the flick on's etc, he fed of it. Completely different player from those 2 games i saw to what he is for us!

I guess what i'm saying is, we will see the best from CMS if Gus goes with Vokes up top with him!

Jimmy Grimble

Brezovan
Calderon Greer El-Abd Mattock

Navarro Vincelot
Vicente

Buckley Vokes CMS

No idea whether it would work but would like to see it. We played 3 up front quite a bit last season but we haven't seen much of it in the Championship. Give it a go. Not much else is working away from home, and draws won't be good enough for much longer. :shrug:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i am in the minority that thinks they should not play together - better off with another midfielder - ESPECIALLY with bridders out.

Vokes and CMS are too similar - run around alot, don't come deep, and are both old fashioned centre forwards scrapping for oddbits in the penalty area.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just go for it now,nothing to lose.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Brezovan
Calderon Greer El-Abd Mattock
Navarro Dicker
Vicente
CMS Vokes Lualua

subs
Barnes Buckley Reyes Razak Ankergren