Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
so who fancies lending me a book to get me started? there's a bag of chips in it for you. not proliferate enough yet to be in every charity shop (like HP) and so far only expensive collections/new books on amazon. tsk.

loving the show. don't spoil it for me... but tyrion better not be dead. he took a vicious swipe to the chops, after all...

The first book is £3.86 on Amazon, how cheap do you want it to be?

In fact it seems most of the books are available at that price at the moment, cheaper than buying them in a box set certainly.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have read the 5 ( or is it six) books currently in publication, good content, but bloody frustrating when 4 or 5 books in you are still being introduced to new main characters, and as previously stated, main characters that form the thread of the tale are suddenly killed off..... maddening, I promised myself that I wouldn't read the next two out of principle..... read the hunger games trilogy, or even the two Parthian books.

I have read the 5 ( or is it six) books currently in publication, good content, but bloody frustrating when 4 or 5 books in you are still being introduced to new main characters, and as previously stated, main characters that form the thread of the tale are suddenly killed off..... maddening, I promised myself that I wouldn't read the next two out of principle..... read the hunger games trilogy, or even the two Parthian books.

I am towards the end of book 4 (A Feast for Crows) and have found it similarly frustrating. I don't really have a problem with main characters being killed off (I think it's good that you can't be sure than anyone will survive!) but the introduction of new characters and places that have never previously been mentioned is odd, to say the least. It's pretty clear that when he wrote the first couple he didn't have the subsequent books planned! However despite that I am hooked and will no doubt read through a Dance with Dragons before I move on to anything else.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I am towards the end of book 4 (A Feast for Crows) and have found it similarly frustrating. I don't really have a problem with main characters being killed off (I think it's good that you can't be sure than anyone will survive!) but the introduction of new characters and places that have never previously been mentioned is odd, to say the least. It's pretty clear that when he wrote the first couple he didn't have the subsequent books planned! However despite that I am hooked and will no doubt read through a Dance with Dragons before I move on to anything else.

Well apparently the books are only split up so as to be a good length to be sold separately, he writes it as if it's one million page book!

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I thought it was a nice touch that Roy Dotrice got a part after getting into the Guiness records for his audiobook readings: the most different distinctive character voices, well over 200 I believe.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How BRILLIANT was Episode Nine?

Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage and Rory McCann need awards of some kind for that.

Tears are not a womans only weapon. The best one is between her legs and you should learn to use it.

If the city falls the women will be in for a bit of a rape. Half of them will have a bastard in their belly in morning.

When a mans blood is up anything with tits look good.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Really enjoyed it, especially the fireworks:

tumblr_m4qbjcGm671qzri71o1_1280.png

Boooom!

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
New series starts tonight!

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Why was it not on Monday? I remember the two-week breaks for Lost which were very annoying

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Memorial Day in the US on Monday. Next episode on the 3rd June.

Memorial Day was on Sunday #pedant #sorry ............ we watch it on the Sunday, not the Monday when Sky have it on. Can't wait for the last couple. Hear 9th is the one with the big event but I'd have thought 10th would finish on it. Won't say more but yeah

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Memorial Day was on Sunday #pedant #sorry ............ we watch it on the Sunday, not the Monday when Sky have it on. Can't wait for the last couple. Hear 9th is the one with the big event but I'd have thought 10th would finish on it. Won't say more but yeah

Take it back :/ Reckon you were right and is the Monday

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Non book reader reactions are gold. I'm a little surprised anyone managed to miss being spoiled for that.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Last night’s episode was outstanding – shocking even when you are familiar with the story, and even darker. Terrific acting by the cast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here