Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Really looking forward to this tonight, sounds like the US showing last night has been well received.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I thought that it was quite a good episode to get people back into the story, I think the future episodes will be much better though

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
very poor in my opinion only one shot of boobies in the whole episode. Shocking.

otherwise i enjoyed it and look forward to the rest of the series

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Got its highest viewing figures in the US and beat Mad Men here apparently so maybe it wont get cancelled like everything else!

I thought it was good, this series is 10 episodes though so i have no idea how they'll fit in the whole content of the 2nd book

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Very rushed, lots of important events changed. I can't see how any of it makes sense to those who have not read the books. Should have slowed it down a touch. And made two serries out the second book.

I really enjoy it, but I have the background knowledge to do that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm quite enjoying it, but agree that too much has really been changed/added/removed from the books to give the full sense of the story.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Don't see what little finger is doing at storms end. It's an irritating change for no real reason. And tywin rocking up at harrenhal changes the whole concept of the battle.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Very rushed, lots of important events changed. I can't see how any of it makes sense to those who have not read the books. Should have slowed it down a touch. And made two serries out the second book.

Tend to agree having read the first book along side the first series I really enjoyed it. What I have read of the books I love, but the second series as much as I like it feels disappointing.To much has changed, missing characters and new roles for people that shouldn't be there, everything is being crammed in to just 10 episodes and the second book is to big to do that two.. If I hadn't of read the books I guess I wouldn't be so picky about it.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I havent read the books as I didnt want it to cloud my enjoyment of the TV series, which ALWAYS happens. I am following fine and really enjoying it again. Will read the book after this series is finished.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I think the changes are so that it does make sense to people who haven't read the books, they're just cutting a few corners, simplifying things with the amount of characters etc. I don't have many problems with what they've done, except a couple of minor complaints about small changes to characters.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
As TV its good watching, but having the background knowledge from the books I can't help feeling that those watching it who haven't read the books are missing out. I just caught up with episode 4 and didn't get why Tywin Lannister turned up as he did at Harrenhal as he did as Arya is meant to become Roose Boltons cup bearer no? Saying that there's no way she could've been in the TV series as Bolton was with Robb at the slaughter of the other Lannister Army.

I guess without hindsight of the books I'd not notice a thing and enjoy it all the more, but there are irritating things in there that are spoiling the story at the mo. I'll still keep watching it for the time being though. Thought the Shadow coming out of Melisandre was well done.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Anyone see Stoke City's 2011-2012 season review DVD?

Game of Throw-Ins?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
As TV its good watching, but having the background knowledge from the books I can't help feeling that those watching it who haven't read the books are missing out. I just caught up with episode 4 and didn't get why Tywin Lannister turned up as he did at Harrenhal as he did as Arya is meant to become Roose Boltons cup bearer no? Saying that there's no way she could've been in the TV series as Bolton was with Robb at the slaughter of the other Lannister Army.

I guess without hindsight of the books I'd not notice a thing and enjoy it all the more, but there are irritating things in there that are spoiling the story at the mo. I'll still keep watching it for the time being though. Thought the Shadow coming out of Melisandre was well done.
This is the kind of thing I was talking about, they've taken a lot of shortcuts on Arya's story, Tywin was there when she was at Harrenhal (she started out working in the kitchens I think?) so they might as well use him about more in the TV series than they did in the books, and give a bit more insight into the war situation at the same time.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
really good series........episode 4 from ss2 was soooo dark. murders, kids heads plunged on spikes, and a dark beast coming out of a priestess' fandingo - unreal. DL episode 5 tomorrow.

strays from the books a little, but not enough to stop the enjoyment. the casting is SUPERB.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just out of interest as well, who are people's favourite characters either from the books or from the TV series?

For me it's definitely Stannis, I wasn't sure about his portrayal in the series at first but he's growing on me. I loved his correction of Davos' grammar in last week's episode, perfect pedantry of almost NSC standard. Beyond him, Tyrion is brilliant in both the books and series, and on more minor notes (in terms of the overall story) I also like Jaqen H'ghar and Oberyn Martell (The Red Viper).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here