Page 128 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1465

Thread: Game of thrones

1 Not allowed!
    Dany to sentence Jon to death for treachery. Arya to be in the crown watching, much the same as she did when Ned was executed. That time she was powerless. Now she's a ninja with a grab bag full of faces. Scenes ensue*

*scenes may not unfold as depicted
    Albion and Rhinos forever.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Kid Frankie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Most solid episode of the season so far but still brainless.
      Still Branless indeed.

If we don't find out what all that sh*t was about with ravens and trees and stuff was about in the last episode - and if it doesn't have some significant relevance to the rest of the story i will be most displeased. Too much time invested in all that crap in earlier series (enough time for several major battles and to kill off 50% of major cast members based on recent episodes) not to make it central to the final episode surely?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Drifted in and out of this watching a few from each series. Am watching this last series intently.

Yesterday it was certainly brilliant TV and the dragon queen certainly lost it big time.

I assume after being in the middle of all that, the young lady who killed the night king will possibly do the same with the dragon queen. Maybe there is something afoot with Jon stark and as he was so horrified with the carnage he will also have a go at trying to kill her, or he could just go back up north traumatised.

I think it is an extremely well made series.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      Unbelievable episode! By far my favourite of the series! Can't wait for the last episode! I'll be sad when it's finally over!

2 Not allowed!
      By far and away the pick of the season so far

- Dany going full on head mental will have her up for War crimes by the Hague. Her descent into madness is believeable with her family history ( every bloke knows that it is always the pretty ones that are hard work) and it sets things up nicely for the last episode.
      - The Pacing is all over the place. Episodes 1 and 2 were filler, 3 and 5 Hollywood battles and 4 a complete mess.
      - I'm not convinced the Lannisters are dead. The Jamie getting stabbed was a bit of a cop out. Surely Euron would have finished him off? In any case, Euron has been the poorest villain we've had by a mile. All he was missing was a dick dastardly laugh
      - The Hound got a good send off. Yarp will be missed.
      - Was there any relevance to Desert Orchid turning up at the end or was it like horse Uber to get Arya to get to wherever she needs to go to slot Dany? It's horse Uber isn't it?

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      I agree, I think Arya will kill her. She missed out on Cersei so will be rewarded with a little deferred gratification.
      Also, for a long time she has been saying "I'm going to kill the Queen."

Which she will.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Sigh - I know that i'm going to get sot to pieces for this but i thought that last nights show was fecking terrible. A 6.9 rating on IMDB would appear to point to the same conclusion being reached by many.

Visually - spectacular
      everything else - dreadful.

Ultimately, despite all the action/CGI, it was boring due to the lack of focus on plot/pacing etc. I'll watch the last episode as I've invested a great deal of time to get to this point and I do want to see how it all pans out. But the truth is that i'm not really that bothered anymore.

Fair play to those who loved it. I wanted, and expected, better.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Normal Rob View Post
      Sigh - I know that i'm going to get sot to pieces for this but i thought that last nights show was fecking terrible. A 6.9 rating on IMDB would appear to point to the same conclusion being reached by many.

Visually - spectacular

Ultimately, despite all the action/CGI, it was boring due to the lack of focus on plot/pacing etc. I'll watch the last episode as I've invested a great deal of time to get to this point and I do want to see how it all pans out. But the truth is that i'm not really that bothered anymore.

Exactly where I am with the show now. Storylines that previously would've been built up and developed are getting fast tracked amd it feels completely forced.
      Lets all do the conga

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Normal Rob View Post

Visually - spectacular

Agreed. This is the problem, and suggests that D&D have ****ed up royally - after 8 seasons, I should be MASSIVELY emotionally invested in how this works out. But I've just felt flat since The Long Night.

The way they have rushed it has meant the stakes have so often felt really low, as they haven't given time to make many situations believable, and thus worthy of caring about.

Entertaining fluff now, but nothing more. The early seasons were FAR more worthwhile than that.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

2 Not allowed!
      I've enjoyed the ride, but agree the last two season's have rather seen a downturn (or drastic and detrimental upturn) in pacing, scripting and character development...

My call is that Dany finds Jon guilty of 'treason' attempts to burn him, and the big dragon refuses as he is the one true king of the Westeros... Dany is left rather toothless as it were and her end then comes swiftly. Jon will refuse the throne, have it destroyed, declare a republic and leave the 'people' (what's left of them!) to rule. He'll then ride off into the north much like Clint Eastwood in his legendary westerns.

Tyrion will obviously head up the republic as a man of the people and...

Roll end credits.

Lots more people will probably die as this unfolds, but that just about sums it up.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.