Game of thrones

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
- Arya going travelling is ripe for a spin off. Get Michael Palin and Chalmers along as well.

Of course Arya is also hurtling through time and space as she was saved by Dr who put some of his timey wimey stuff in her chest so she never dies. She also took the dead Clara and brought her back to life and they travel together.

Only dipping in and out of GOT, I actually enjoyed the last episodes but was also confused as to why Jon was not killed as soon as they found out he killed the dragon lady!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I Still think Jon Snow should have died fighting the Knight King, the Knight King then goes on to kill Brann but is stopped by Arya.

Arya then goes on to kill Cerci but as soon as this is done the mountian crushes her head, then the battle of the hound and the mountain. (Why Arya didnt steal anyones face this series I do no know)

Then I would have liked to see Dani go mad, Jon dieing would add more weight to this as well, Tyrion and Vareys plot against her and Vareys succeeds in poisioning her but is killed in a brutal death.

Then without a clear leader we can have all this democracy bullshit and hope for a boring fututre, sitting around discussing brothels and updating westeros wikipedia.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Very good.

Raises most issues there are about the final season.

Biggest one for me which isn't touched on. Grey Worm has become a psychopath and the Dothraki are bloodthirsty killers yet Jon admits to murdering their one and only and they didn't slaughter him instantly.

The only explanation for me is that originally they had Jon escaping, followed by a battle between Dani's old forces and the north. Ran out of time/budget/whatever, scrapped it and then didn't bother to fill in the yawning chasm in the plot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe this has already been answered but what was the point of Castle Black being manned at the end?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Maybe this has already been answered but what was the point of Castle Black being manned at the end?
I said this to the missus when I finished.

"It's to stop the white walkers isn't it!" She replied.

"Er, they're gone remember, there was quite a big thing about it earlier in the season"

"ok, well it was to keep the wildlings out then" she continued

"THEY LET THEM IN ABOUT THREE SEASONS AGO!" Jesus woman.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

"Er, they're gone remember, there was quite a big thing about it earlier in the season"

Jon Snow was riding OUT with wildings wasn’t he? They seem to love their semi military camouflage outfits, they blend so well with the snow :smile:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

i thought it was to keep the wildings out plus there nefarious creatures from the far far north....white walkers were not know about as such

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Very good.

Raises most issues there are about the final season.

Biggest one for me which isn't touched on. Grey Worm has become a psychopath and the Dothraki are bloodthirsty killers yet Jon admits to murdering their one and only and they didn't slaughter him instantly.

The only explanation for me is that originally they had Jon escaping, followed by a battle between Dani's old forces and the north. Ran out of time/budget/whatever, scrapped it and then didn't bother to fill in the yawning chasm in the plot.

Agree with that. The penultimate episode seemed to be headed that way as all right minded people in the coalition were appalled by Danni's behaviour and would have united behind the true king.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Saw "Game of Thrones - The Last Watch" tonight, a behind the scenes documentary of the last series.

Some interesting stuff - especially the amount of scenes performed in front of a green screen. Didn't realise so much of it was shot in Northern Ireland. The attention to detail was to be expected but some of the sets they constructed were very impressive, especially Kings Landing.

It did get a little bit OTT when they interviewed the cast just after the final wrap going on about how it had changed some of their lives forever - it's just a TV series guys, but still an interesting couple of hours and worth a watch

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Never seen it, but it is on my list of things to watch.
The only trouble is I can only watch one series of anything at a time as I tend to leave gaps between episodes, while wifey seems to do about half a dozen at the same time.
What with so much coming onto these platforms I am never ever going to see all the things I would like to see in my allotted time on this planet, even though I am paying for the privileged.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw "Game of Thrones - The Last Watch" tonight, a behind the scenes documentary of the last series.

Some interesting stuff - especially the amount of scenes performed in front of a green screen. Didn't realise so much of it was shot in Northern Ireland. The attention to detail was to be expected but some of the sets they constructed were very impressive, especially Kings Landing.

It did get a little bit OTT when they interviewed the cast just after the final wrap going on about how it had changed some of their lives forever - it's just a TV series guys, but still an interesting couple of hours and worth a watch

because it's been a nice little earner, you wouldn't have got those paychecks doing Rep.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Lightweight in comparison but also quite enjoyable.

Ermmm no.

If by lightweight you mean, of a significantly lower budget and zero cgi? Then fair enough.

Both stories are strong, with the Last Kingdom loosely based on historical fact and thus chained to the normal laws of physics etc. GOT is pure sci-fi and therefore your comparison is about as flimsy as Season 8.

Finally, although I love GOT, the acting in the LK is far superior in particular from Alfred and U t r e d (sorry my sodding phone won’t have it any other way) as are the scripts.

Sorry but no, i’ve grown to appreciate Cornwell as a superior historical writer as GOT steadily sold out to blockbuster bluster and tired old hackneyed cliche.

Yep, I couldn’t disagree more - especially as the LK continues to wax nicely, whilst GOT waned badly in the last two seasons.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ermmm no.

If by lightweight you mean, of a significantly lower budget and zero cgi? Then fair enough.

Both stories are strong, with the Last Kingdom loosely based on historical fact and thus chained to the normal laws of physics etc. GOT is pure sci-fi and therefore your comparison is as flimsy as Season 8.

Finally, although I love GOT, the acting in the LK is far superior in particular from Alfred and U t r e a d (sorry my sodding phone won’t have it any other way) as are the scripts.

Sorry but no, i’ve grown to appreciate Cornwell as a superior historical writer as GOT has steadily sold out to blockbuster bluster and tired old hackneyed cliche.

Yep, I couldn’t disagree more - especially as the LK confines to wax as GOT waned badly in the last two seasons.

Oh well, opinions eh? I find the acting a bit ham in LK :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here