Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not sure this is fully accurate. Sure I've read that Martin has disagreed with the show's direction at points, and has also confirmed the show and books' endings - whilst thematically similar - are NOT the same.

If he ever gets around to writing the books we may find out !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You’re right, the crypts were very ‘alive’ with the dead.

John Snow is clearly well out of his depth as a commander then, so many schoolboy errors in how he set up the defence and attack but the worst has to be putting the women, children and helpless in the Crypt :lolol:

Thank God for Arya

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
John Snow is clearly well out of his depth as a commander then, so many schoolboy errors in how he set up the defence and attack but the worst has to be putting the women, children and helpless in the Crypt :lolol:

Thank God for Arya
Can’t disagree. Rookie move from John, his little sister bailed him out big time.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Considering what a little money spinner this has been for HBO over a few years it begs the question if they would consider any spin offs , prequels etc. once this concludes.

It would probably piss off the purists and they might leave it at that. They have been showing some trailers of upcoming shows and they look pretty good - but there is nothing that is really going to fill the void left by GOT, and another one of their success stories, VEEP, is also in its final series.

After Sopranos, GOT and VEEP they have some pretty big shoes to fill.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Considering what a little money spinner this has been for HBO over a few years it begs the question if they would consider any spin offs , prequels etc. once this concludes.

It would probably piss off the purists and they might leave it at that. They have been showing some trailers of upcoming shows and they look pretty good - but there is nothing that is really going to fill the void left by GOT, and another one of their success stories, VEEP, is also in its final series.

After Sopranos, GOT and VEEP they have some pretty big shoes to fill.
I thought a prequel had already been mentioned. Definitely read that somewhere

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I thought a prequel had already been mentioned. Definitely read that somewhere

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep, they're already casting for it. It's set 10,000 ish years before the events of GoT.

So far John Simm and Miranda Richardson, among others, are signed up for regular roles.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not reading the thread, I don't want spoilers, but for those who are up do date, what do you think?
Good
Disappointed
Unsure?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Thank God for Arya

It was such a badly thought out battle.

- Start off by charging at the white walkers and lose thousands of soldiers in an instant
- Oh wait, we've got dragons, let's use them AFTER we've already sent in the soldiers
- Wait until the very last moment to light a defensive fire barrier
- Lock women and children in the crypt

Hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes before the next battle.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'm not reading the thread, I don't want spoilers, but for those who are up do date, what do you think?
Good
Disappointed
Unsure?

giphy.gif

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good
Disappointed
Unsure?

All your favourites die and the White Walkers now rule :thumbsup:

I was a bit pissed about the way John and Daenarys met their end too.

Really disappointed

Being serious for a moment, unless you have the most spangly new tv you are likely to watch most of it in WTF mode :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Being serious for a moment, unless you have the most spangly new tv you are likely to watch most of it in WTF mode :smile:
Sorry, what does that mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here