Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m now in the crossing roads much more carefully stage. I can’t afford to die in the next 6 weeks

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
i believe she would be his half sister .
No, she's his aunt.

Jon's father (Rhaegar) was Daenerys' brother.

On his mother's side, his mother (Lyanna) was Ned's sister, which makes Bran, Sansa and Arya his cousins.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So before the Red Wedding, everything seemed to be heading towards a predictable Hollywood conclusion. Before Ned Stark was executed, nobody thought he would actually die. Game of Thrones has got another handbrake turn in it yet, all the loose ends which need to be neatly tied up and the character arcs which seem to be going in a fairly predictable direction? nahhh.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So before the Red Wedding, everything seemed to be heading towards a predictable Hollywood conclusion. Before Ned Stark was executed, nobody thought he would actually die. Game of Thrones has got another handbrake turn in it yet, all the loose ends which need to be neatly tied up and the character arcs which seem to be going in a fairly predictable direction? nahhh.

Ned Stark, the Red Wedding etc. were all purely George R. R. Martin's work. I don't think its a surprise that its more predictable since the TV series overtook the books.

I understand he is still involved with the TV series, and something similar may still occur, but I would say that this unlikely. Maybe in the books whenever they arrive...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ned Stark, the Red Wedding etc. were all purely George R. R. Martin's work. I don't think its a surprise that its more predictable since the TV series overtook the books.

I understand he is still involved with the TV series, and something similar may still occur, but I would say that this unlikely. Maybe in the books whenever they arrive...
He said the ending will essentially be the same - although minor characters may have a different fate as they weren't discussed with the TV show runners.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
No, she's his aunt.

Jon's father (Rhaegar) was Daenerys' brother.

On his mother's side, his mother (Lyanna) was Ned's sister, which makes Bran, Sansa and Arya his cousins.

I've had to explain this several times at work this morning. Driving me potty.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
i thought it was her father who tonked old ma stark ....there fore making her half sister.....if it was her brother how come jon is a dark as the ace of spades and dragon bird is white as my butt...??

Nope, it was Daenerys' brother and Ned's sister - Jon is half-Stark, but that's his mother's side not his father's.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
One thing is for certain, it won't end in an expected way. Maybe all the main characters die to the Night King, then Samwell Tarly finishes him off to get the Iron Throne :)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Saw Peter Dinklage once in Brooklyn with his family. Apparently he's a very nice guy and quite approachable

To me he is easily the best actor in GOT. Thought he was very good in "3 Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri" as well

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
just had a sneaky watch of episode 2 blimey its boiling up nice now

Good wasn't it - one of the best I've seen for a while. No big action scenes, but very well written with a lot of human interest stuff and tied up a few loose ends.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
One thing is for certain, it won't end in an expected way. Maybe all the main characters die to the Night King, then Samwell Tarly finishes him off to get the Iron Throne :)

I think that Deny is going to let Jon die in battle (she won't kill him) and eventually she too will buy the farm. Gendry and Ayra will end up on the Iron throne as it will mean the 'wheel' will have turned full circle to leave a Baratheon on the throne.

Jamie will be the one that Nobly changes the fortunes of the living in the battle with the dead. Bran has pretty much told us that he is going to die and his story arch surely means that he will end with a nobel and selfless gesture. Could it be as literal as the 'Kingslayer" being the one that slays the Night King.

There must also be some more backstory behind the relationship between Bran and the Nightking.

I have watched the last two episodes 'live' at 11am here in Australia and I am not sure how I am going to be able to wait until later when I am back at work next week.

Anyway only a few weeks to wait to watch my predictions exposed for the fraudulent nonsense that they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here