Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it means that if you do not have a hugely expensive tele that shows 'true black' or some fancy lighting terminology like that, you wont be able to see what the **** is going on anyway.
Oh. My tele didn't cost much and isn't new, but it does show lovely blacks. Sad fact - I actually bought the tv a few years ago because of GoT :D

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
It was such a badly thought out battle.

- Start off by charging at the white walkers and lose thousands of soldiers in an instant
- Oh wait, we've got dragons, let's use them AFTER we've already sent in the soldiers
- Wait until the very last moment to light a defensive fire barrier
- Lock women and children in the crypt

Hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes before the next battle.

It was quite a strange strategy considering it was a home fixture. I would something quite different for the up coming away fixture.

Didn’t quite understand why the dragons started on the bench either. Now one of them is probably gonna be sidelined. It took quite a heavy fall.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was quite a strange strategy considering it was a home fixture. I would something quite different for the up coming away fixture.

Didn’t quite understand why the dragons started on the bench either. Now one of them is probably gonna be sidelined. It took quite a heavy fall.

Scans today as a precaution but just a bruising rather than anything long term is the hope. Expected back for Sunday’s game. Will be a big miss if it’s more serious than thought.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I just hope they go for it in the away fixture. Parking the bus just isn't going to be good enough.

I wonder if Jaime will celebrate if he scores.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Bit disappointing to be honest. The lighting is dreadful. I can see more walking home through the woods when the street lights have been turned off after 10 pints. So much so I've no idea what happened in the dragon scrap. Did one of them go off with a pulled hamstring? Was it a career ending injury? Who knows. Hopefully there will be a a physio report next week.

Others have said it but S7 and 8 have lost their way a bit. The way Bron and Jamie stayed alive by conveniently falling into a nearby lake that cut to miles away in S7 and the body count of the previously Locadiaesque Theon being my particular itchy beard moments. As for Bran. Good god he's dull. Imagine going the pub for a pint for a regaling of children of the night? I'd be on meths by the 2nd pint.

Given more or less all of them are dead, how are they going to turn over Cersei by the end of the series? A nine men Walsall at Withdean performance required.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Given more or less all of them are dead, how are they going to turn over Cersei by the end of the series? A nine men Walsall at Withdean performance required.

The Second Sons army stayed over the sea. I reckon they will sail over.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Only 2000 of them I'm afraid, best bet is the golden company might have othet historical loyalties.

They’ve never broken a contract.

Unless the show are going to invoke their original purpose. But I don’t think the show will go that far.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only 2000 of them I'm afraid, best bet is the golden company might have othet historical loyalties.
2000 Second Sons + Yara's Iron born + 200? Winterfell survivors + 2 dragons

vs

20,000 Golden Company ( I reckon Jaqen H'Ghar will have come over as one of them ).

hmmm. Best hole up in The Eyrie.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
2000 Second Sons + Yara's Iron born + 200? Winterfell survivors + 2 dragons

vs

20,000 Golden Company ( I reckon Jaqen H'Ghar will have come over as one of them ).

hmmm. Best hole up in The Eyrie.

Well those dragons can take out Euron's fleet in a jiffy and catch the Golden Company unawares reducing their numbers enormously.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The more I mull it over, the more the idea that the NK isn't dead makes sense.

If I was writing the show I'd have him regenerating at the place where the Children of the Forest created him, north of the wall.

I'd have a 2nd army of the dead already coming south.

Which would mean Jon Snow taking a dragon up there at the end game to destroy the place and the magic which brings the NK back.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
it means that if you do not have a hugely expensive tele that shows 'true black' or some fancy lighting terminology like that, you wont be able to see what the **** is going on anyway.

But as someone told me off earlier, as he said it is the night king so, it should all be at night and no one be able to see what the **** is going on apart from the occasional grunt and clang of metal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here