Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's the fact that it was an event free happy ending which doesn't seem to chime with the rest of the series. Hooray the Stark children lived and got what they always wanted ... well very nice, but i'd suggest that most game of thrones fans got into it for the baddass darkness of it's most famous scenes.

There are at least a couple of alternative endings that last episode could have been given to make it a bit less nicey nicey

1) as Jon and the wildli ... free folk strode north of the wall, they are attacked by children of the forest who kill them all and make Jon the new night king ... admittedly this would have to be for reasons better known to themselves, so maybe better ....

2) At the Lords meeting earlier they agree to appoint Bran as king or even initiate some form of democracy. There is agreement that Jon should be fully freed. Grey Worm though this would happen and sends a signal to the rest of the unsullied who march into the meeting and brutally slaughter the lot them them. Arya and Brienne take a few down but are overwhelmed. Grey Worm purposefully kills with Sansa last. A sulky, vengeful and war-like Grey Worm is shown that he plans to rule in a murderous, despotic way.

Grim. Bleak. Game of Thrones

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Interesting that Bran didn't feature in the closing Stark montage sequence - just Sansa, Arya and Jon.

That 3-eyed raven is a wrong-un, and hopefully that will all be revealed in the 'Bloodmoon' prequel series which we should be getting next.

Difficult to see how he could be more of a wrong un than the dragon queen or the night king

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Difficult to see how he could be more of a wrong un than the dragon queen or the night king
He's possessed Bran and is on the throne.

When the next leader is needed he possesses them and remains on the throne ?

Could he be the many faced god ? Also known as death..?

He was in a tree prison north of the wall. With skulls on the floor.

The Night King was pursuing him after his escape...

There was a quote in an earlier season about not listening to crows... they always lie...

Lots to work with in a prequel series.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
I think I probably felt like most Watford fans... loved the journey to the final, the moments of 'omg' against Wolves to create an epic showdown, then lose 6-0 and go home with the thought 'well the first bit was decent but the finale was a bit of a let down'.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Only thing that annoyed me was John Terry "Bron" he was missing when they beat the dead in the semi final, missing for the final v King's Landing but returned to join the victory celebrations at the top table.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's the fact that it was an event free happy ending which doesn't seem to chime with the rest of the series. Hooray the Stark children lived and got what they always wanted ... well very nice, but i'd suggest that most game of thrones fans got into it for the baddass darkness of it's most famous scenes.

There are at least a couple of alternative endings that last episode could have been given to make it a bit less nicey nicey

1) as Jon and the wildli ... free folk strode north of the wall, they are attacked by children of the forest who kill them all and make Jon the new night king ... admittedly this would have to be for reasons better known to themselves, so maybe better ....

2) At the Lords meeting earlier they agree to appoint Bran as king or even initiate some form of democracy. There is agreement that Jon should be fully freed. Grey Worm though this would happen and sends a signal to the rest of the unsullied who march into the meeting and brutally slaughter the lot them them. Arya and Brienne take a few down but are overwhelmed. Grey Worm purposefully kills with Sansa last. A sulky, vengeful and war-like Grey Worm is shown that he plans to rule in a murderous, despotic way.

Grim. Bleak. Game of Thrones

I'd have preferred something more interesting like this. But Greyworm? He possibly became the most dislikeable character in the final season.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
My wife has been working a couple of days a week in Belfast for last few weeks and stays near where it is filmed. The local gossip is that they have started filming again for a prequel series...…..

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My wife has been working a couple of days a week in Belfast for last few weeks and stays near where it is filmed. The local gossip is that they have started filming again for a prequel series...…..
I thought that was well known - last I saw, John Simm and Miranda Richardson (among others) have been cast in it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
All things considered it wasn't a bad ending - and it was a superb opening 1/2 hour or so - but it carried on the Hollywood style of S7 and 8 and tailed off badly towards the end of the episode (Piss off Samwell and open up your own McTarleys with your democracy ideas). A show that has given us The Prince of Dorn getting his head caved in, The battle of the ********, Blackwater Bay, Hardhome and the Red wedding deserves to be remembered for those episodes rather than the more formulaic later series. In time, it will be remembered better unlike something like The Last Jedi which just gets worse every time you watch it.

Onto the plot holes :

- What was the point of Bran being the 3 eyed Ravan? He didn't want the Winterfell job but was bang up for the 7 kingdoms. How does that work?
- Was there any real need for Jon Snow parentage line given he went to be with his dog anyway? He was the one true king but decided he couldn't be arsed with it all. Enough of the confused face Jon Snow.
- Surely Greyworm would have filled Jon Snow in? He's been following her around for years. Staying unharmed in prison seems highly unlikely.
- Arya going travelling is ripe for a spin off. Get Michael Palin and Chalmers along as well.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Onto the plot holes :

- What was the point of Bran being the 3 eyed Ravan? He didn't want the Winterfell job but was bang up for the 7 kingdoms. How does that work?
- Was there any real need for Jon Snow parentage line given he went to be with his dog anyway? He was the one true king but decided he couldn't be arsed with it all. Enough of the confused face Jon Snow.

I think this is the plot and not a plot hole.

Bran/the 3ER wants to be King and manipulated events to that end. That partly involved making public who Jon's parents were, as a means to an end.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Nothing mattered. In the end NOTHING mattered and they all just had a vote. Absolute car crash writing.

I read a decent idea for an ending on twitter where John Snow gets burned by the dragon after killing Danny. He doesn't die because he's a Targaryan and everyone bows. THE END.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
- Surely Greyworm would have filled Jon Snow in? He's been following her around for years. Staying unharmed in prison seems highly unlikely.

How did Grey Worm even know? No one saw Jon kill Dany and Drogon carted her body off. Any blood on the floor can easily be explained due to earlier massacre. "Er, no haven't see her mate. Think she's gone away for the weekend."

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
How did Grey Worm even know? No one saw Jon kill Dany and Drogon carted her body off. Any blood on the floor can easily be explained due to earlier massacre. "Er, no haven't see her mate. Think she's gone away for the weekend."

On oliday Greyworm old son. Marbella *wipes blood away with foot*

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Report out today which shows that the amount females speak in GoT is 3 times less than males, how people can watch this sexist nonsense is beyond me.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here