Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As a massive fan of the series I’m ready for a real emotional rollercoaster, I can only imagine how many of our favourites are going to perish in the fight, even Cersei who you have to imagine will die, will be sad for me her character is one I love to hate.

The damn night king better not bring back all the dead stark Kings.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's basically about as cleverly written as Hollyoaks, it just has enough dragons and mythology in it to convince people they are being "geeks" when they watch it. I enjoy it, but I am conscious enough to know that I am watching trash.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As a massive fan of the series I’m ready for a real emotional rollercoaster, I can only imagine how many of our favourites are going to perish in the fight, even Cersei who you have to imagine will die, will be sad for me her character is one I love to hate.

The damn night king better not bring back all the dead stark Kings.
There is speculation Arya is running from an undead Rickon in the trailer. The screen-grabbed frame is very inconclusive though.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looking forward to this. I still won't remember the names of most of the characters or have a clue about half the storylines, but I'll definitely enjoy it.

Its ok, thanks to the last series the number of names has diminished a fair amount.

My daughter has been re-watching the last couple of series over the last couple of weeks and her analogy is that its a bit like the FA cup where they have gone from the qualifying rounds with loads of teams right up to the semi finals.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Airs at 2am on Sky Atlantic, and anytime after that on NOWTV.

Winter is finally coming !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Airs at 2am on Sky Atlantic, and anytime after that on NOWTV.

Winter is finally coming !
I'll be watching tomorrow evening - 2am is a bit much for me.

That said, I'll do the 2am showing for the last episode - the risk of spoilers would be far too high.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Over the last 2-3 months we've re-watched the entire 7 seasons so far.

We've enjoyed it far more this time round as you have a better understanding of who's who and what's going on from the off. Also we've found that there's a lot that we missed first time round.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Watched half of the episode, now work interrupts.

No spoilers on the plot, but loved the new title sequence.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
One of my American work colleagues was getting her knickers in a twist about GOT. She said it's written by an American, the TV series is mainly funded by American money yet it has all these British actors - we must be doing something right!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do hope there has been enough violence and death in episode one of the final series in order to keep everyone happy ? it would be awful if it came over all normal and not worth staying up late for.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good start, well set up for the finale.

Love the way they reunited various characters. Euon Greyjoy is a brilliant character, Why he wants to get involved with Cersi I don't know.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As usual for a first episode of a series, absolutely nothing happens except a lot of characters re-uniting and explaining to each other how they know each other. Oh and a special effects minute with nothing to do with plot. But that said it was very pleasant and exactly as expected. Excited for the action / story to start and an awful lot to include in 5 more episodes, even if some are a bit longer.

Good, solid stuff.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Typical GOT first episode, letting the viewer know where everyone is at.
Euron being as romantic as ever. It does seem that they have a helluva task on their hands tying up all the loose ends in the episodes remaining.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Enjoyed it.

I have a funny feeling Jaime Lannister might end up the hero of the piece. Fair bit of foreshadowing through his story if you think about it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Enjoyed it.

I have a funny feeling Jaime Lannister might end up the hero of the piece. Fair bit of foreshadowing through his story if you think about it.
I don't think he'll make it to the end. My prediction would be that he sacrifices himself to save Bran at some point, thereby atoning (in his mind at least), for shoving him out of the window at the beginning.

As for the episode, I concur with everyone else - typical first episode, which sets the scene nicely for whatever is to come. The dragon riding scene was very cool to watch as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here