This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Dire"
    "Garbage"
    "Shitshow"
    "Shite"
    "Stunk the place out"
    "Gutless"
    "A steaming pile of turd"

Just some of the reviews from this thread. Crikey. Maybe I've been watching Citizen Khan or MBB's by mistake. Personally I thought its probably the most spectacular TV production I have ever seen. The acting was first class, the story enthralling, the special effects as good as anything you'd see in a big budget movie, the cast and characters genuinely memorable and superb. This was a high watermark in television and I'm going to miss it. In fact, I might just go back to the start again because I know there'll be shedloads I missed, as well as other stuff with the benefit of hindsight that I know I'll appreciate even more now.

At least all you miserablists grizzling about it, saying how shit it is and signing petitions can have your Monday nights back now, and watch Police! Car! Action! or something.
    GOT set very high standards. The production and acting continued with those very high standards but alas the screenwriting did not. If you can't pick up on the difference in timing for the development of Danni's madness as opposed to the slow character development existent in previous series then I suppose that is a positive thing for you. But the sheer rapidity of change was out of keeping with what had gone before and that makes it, in many people's eyes, disappointing and less believable. I felt that the whole thing fell flat after Jon had killed Danni and the dragon had done his awesome best to breathe life into things.
    If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Interesting that Bran didn't feature in the closing Stark montage sequence - just Sansa, Arya and Jon.

That 3-eyed raven is a wrong-un, and hopefully that will all be revealed in the 'Bloodmoon' prequel series which we should be getting next.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      GOT set very high standards. The production and acting continued with those very high standards but alas the screenwriting did not. If you can't pick up on the difference in timing for the development of Danni's madness as opposed to the slow character development existent in previous series then I suppose that is a positive thing for you. But the sheer rapidity of change was out of keeping with what had gone before and that makes it, in many people's eyes, disappointing and less believable. I felt that the whole thing fell flat after Jon had killed Danni and the dragon had done his awesome best to breathe life into things.
      Varys was poisoning her - or at least he was trying to get the kitchen girl to poison her food - maybe he succeeded and the first stages of that brought on the psychosis.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      "Dire"
      "Garbage"
      "Shitshow"
      "Shite"
      "Stunk the place out"
      "Gutless"

Just some of the reviews from this thread. Crikey. Maybe I've been watching Citizen Khan or MBB's by mistake. Personally I thought its probably the most spectacular TV production I have ever seen. The acting was first class, the story enthralling, the special effects as good as anything you'd see in a big budget movie, the cast and characters genuinely memorable and superb. This was a high watermark in television and I'm going to miss it. In fact, I might just go back to the start again because I know there'll be shedloads I missed, as well as other stuff with the benefit of hindsight that I know I'll appreciate even more now.

At least all you miserablists grizzling about it, saying how shit it is and signing petitions can have your Monday nights back now, and watch Police! Car! Action! or something.
      It clearly wasn't bad television, but was it (series 8, and maybe series 7) a bad adaptation and disappointing end to the series?

People have been watching this TV series since 2011, and have been reading the books since 1996 and have come to expect something made to certain standard and style.

This final series did not meet the style or standard, it's no surprise many people are disappointed.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      "Dire"
      "Garbage"
      "Shitshow"
      "Shite"
      "Stunk the place out"
      "Gutless"

Mrs Badfish and I have watched series 1-6 at least 5 times though (started it again recently). Series 7 I have watched once and picked the odd episode to watch again as a refresher. Not sure how many times I will watch series 8 but I am certain I don't feel like I did after the other series.

1-6 was compelling viewing and rich enough to watch over and over. 7&8 not so much. Probably still the best thing in TV but also simultaneously really disappointing.

Much like the last couple of series of Police! Car! Action!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
      Too many Florence Nightingales. Not enough Robin Hoods.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      This

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pb21 View Post
      It clearly wasn't bad television, but was it (series 8, and maybe series 7) a bad adaptation and disappointing end to the series?

People have been watching this TV series since 2011, and have been reading the books since 1996 and have come to expect something made to certain standard and style.

This final series did not meet the style or standard, it's no surprise many people are disappointed.
      That

1 Not allowed!
      The final episode was disappointing.

They should have made 2 seasons out of the last one and paced it out a bit better.

0 Not allowed!
      Well I still enjoyed it greatly.

And for me comfortably the best TV series I have ever watched.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.