Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Must be me, actually enjoyed the final season and ending!?

For me it's not the ending as such. I don't really have that much of an issue with the way that the loose ends were tied up.

It just felt really rushed at the end. As I understand it the two writers were moving on to something else and it showed. It just appeared to me like everything was rushed and hurried through so they could bugger off.

Alongside this, there were a few continuity things that seemed totally off. People getting from the north to Kings Landing in a fraction of the time it had taken in early series for example.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The problems didn’t start in season 8, for me it all started with Season 5 right after the book material ran out. The directors were clueless. The Dorne plot line, speeding up the story with less (“fewer!”) episodes to finish as quickly as possible, notoriously treating actors poorly with harsh schedules, and trying to emulate GRRM by killing off characters...but in turn completely making the character pointless throughout the whole story.

Such a massive shame. Absolutely loved it. It could’ve been a cultural icon but instead everyone has completely forgotten about it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lost was brilliant. It is widely regarded as one of the greatest TV series of all time, and inspired countless Netflix era series. Unlike Thrones, every season was consistantly good, until the very end, it has a great and appropriate finale with a satisfying conclusion.

Thrones however, the first few seasons are amongst the best TV of all time. It could have been the greatest TV show of all time, up there with Lost. It was brilliant until the penultimate season which was a shame, but the disastrous final season essentially ruined everything that preceded it. Calling it a travesty is being kind.
We couldn’t be more opposite in our views about Lost & GoT!

I think Lost would have been the greatest TV series but went wrong on series 4 as the writing team clearly pulled the plot in different directions. By season 6, it was unwatchable, the closest description I can get was it was like reading a JW Watch Tower magazine.
I can’t even re-watch the first 3 seasons now because I know that it was ruined in the final 3. The whole ‘Jacob’ sub-plot was just truly horrific, it was trying to be clever but was utter utter rot.

Anyway, I guess you feel exactly the sam about GoT!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I think Lost would have been the greatest TV series but went wrong on series 4 as the writing team clearly pulled the plot in different directions. By season 6, it was unwatchable, the closest description I can get was it was like reading a JW Watch Tower magazine.
I can’t even re-watch the first 3 seasons now because I know that it was ruined in the final 3. The whole ‘Jacob’ sub-plot was just truly horrific, it was trying to be clever but was utter utter rot.

I gave up on Lost after series 2, was getting ridiculous by then. Should have ended after Series 1.

I did last until the end of GOT, even though the speeding through it all in the last few series took away from it's strengths.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

If memory serves me, series 4 of Lost was heavily affected by the Writers strike in the US? It never recovered from that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
GoT was quite entertaining but I found it repetitive and dull and I ditched it around the third series. But that's what nerds want, just a shit tonne of the same thing with slight variations and the odd "shock". It's why Superhero films are so popular, dweebs have a bottomless appetite for this stuff and whine if it changes. It makes for very boring viewing. IMO.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Rumours that they are starting to film the House of the Dragon prequel down here in Cornwall.

Went for a walk from Holywell Bay. The National Trust car park had a large section cordoned off for a lot of film trucks, and Penhale Camp up the hill had literally dozens of large trucks and fancy motor homes. NT guy was "not allowed" to say what they were filming, but whatever it is "starts tomorrow". There are some great sea caves, but I can't imagine what other locations they could use (lovely though the area is).

Also rumours it could be a Fisherman's Friends sequel - https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/game-thrones-prequel-filming-cornwall-5323903. I'm a bit pi55ed off I missed the "recent casting calls for bearded men". (That could be for GoT and/or FF)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As Mel Brooks famously said.. " Spaceballs will return in Spaceballs 2, The Search for More Money."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here