Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC DAILY Naps Competition – Summer 2012

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Following the inaugural NSC Naps Table that ran through the winter months a new one starts on Saturday 31st March. It will run until the 29th September 2012.

The rules are:

1. One selection per day.
2. British horseracing only (no Irish meetings).
3. All bets settled at SP, no Rule 4 deductions.
4. Dead Heat rules apply.
5. Win only.
6. All bets settled to £1 level stakes.
7. Failure to nominate a selection will forfeit your £1 stake on that day.
8. All selections to be made by post time of the first race of the day.
9. £1 stake returned if your selection is a non-runner.

Just to expand on non-runners; if your selection is declared a non-runner you may make another selection, as long as it is made before post time of the first race of the day.

Please state the time, course and horse name of your selection.

If you are going away for a few days then let me know, I will stop deducting your virtual £1 stake each day for that period.

If you don’t make any selections for over seven consecutive days without any notice then you will be taken off the Naps Table.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE of any entries that are posted after the post time of the first race of the day. This was THE BIGGEST GRIPE during the previous Naps Competition. Your £1 will be deducted regardless of the result. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Sorry for all the rules and regulations, but they are there to keep things fair for everyone.

Cheers,

The Brighton Bear

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i am not in, but i would just like to bet [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] will finish last :moo:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There should also be a cut off point bear, for those who join when some of us are already £30 down lol and make some of us even further down the table..
Many will start, a few will last the course.......

The Brighton Bear

May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
There should also be a cut off point bear, for those who join when some of us are already £30 down lol and make some of us even further down the table..

I think that the cut-off point should be this Saturday. Everyone on NSC must have seen the Naps Competition post for the last six months.

This notification should be good enough for anyone else to join in a new one.

Anyone deciding to join afterwards will have £1 deducted for each day since 31st March.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

I guarantee no one will be lower than me, I am on a poor run of form with my local bookie who must smile every time I walk through the door recently, in fact on Tuesday I went in and put me lucky 15 on, and whilst I was there a dog race was just about to commence so I quickly wrote out a ticket with a 2 and 3 reverse forcast, £2 bet, but just missed out putting it on, well you know what happened and boy did the lady behind the counter laugh!! returns would have covered my recent loses, but alas, when your on a bad run , luck is not with you!!

The Brighton Bear

May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
I guarantee no one will be lower than me, I am on a poor run of form with my local bookie who must smile every time I walk through the door recently, in fact on Tuesday I went in and put me lucky 15 on, and whilst I was there a dog race was just about to commence so I quickly wrote out a ticket with a 2 and 3 reverse forcast, £2 bet, but just missed out putting it on, well you know what happened and boy did the lady behind the counter laugh!! returns would have covered my recent loses, but alas, when your on a bad run , luck is not with you!!

It’s not the losers, it’s making the effort to put up a selection EVERY day. I have been looking at my records of the players who dropped out of the last Naps Table and they follow a pattern; four or five days without a selection, a couple of days where they picked a horse followed by another few days without a selection etc.

You lose a £1 each day you don’t make a selection so even just a cursory glance of the days racing and putting up a nap at least puts you in with a chance.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I will put my name down for this one please. And I would like to invite [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] to put his hat in the ring too. :thumbsup:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

It's when they start offering you a cup of tea you really want to start worrying....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think that the cut-off point should be this Saturday. Everyone on NSC must have seen the Naps Competition post for the last six months.

This notification should be good enough for anyone else to join in a new one.

Anyone deciding to join afterwards will have £1 deducted for each day since 31st March.

Im licking it,,rule with an iron fist, good man...Bet someone is on holiday though lol.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Would it be easier if we made the cut off time 1100am, that way there would be no confusion about the time of the first race?
I'd like to see another rule, anyone aftertiming well be deducted £100 :moo:

The Brighton Bear

May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Would it be easier if we made the cut off time 1100am, that way there would be no confusion about the time of the first race?
I'd like to see another rule, anyone aftertiming well be deducted £100 :moo:

I always put up the time of the first race for the following day in my summary. No reason for anyone who is interested in playing this seriously to not know the cut-off time.

After timing is a serious offence that will be dealt with outside of this thread!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
It’s not the losers, it’s making the effort to put up a selection EVERY day.

That is absolutely nothing to the poor bloke who makes the effort to work out the results and post a table EVERY BLOODY DAY :bowdown:

I cannot believe you can be arsed to do this for another six months - but if you can, fair play to you.

I'm in and I'll buy you a drink at the NSC Napsters inaugural trip to Brighton Races on April 26th :drink:

The Brighton Bear

May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
That is absolutely nothing to the poor bloke who makes the effort to work out the results and post a table EVERY BLOODY DAY :bowdown:

I cannot believe you can be arsed to do this for another six months - but if you can, fair play to you.

I'm in and I'll buy you a drink at the NSC Napsters inaugural trip to Brighton Races on April 26th :drink:

Thank you! :whisky:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Hey i'll be there, took advantage of the free ticket offer. Lets get f***ing shitfaced :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here