GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The Chinese next to that Tesco Express is bloody good too now. Had one Friday night because I couldn't be arsed to go to Tim Ley and was pleasantly surprised.

The woolpack just over the road,short distance to walk....it's not too bad might move there myself.....to the OP i endorse BHILL

The woolpack just over the road,short distance to walk....it's not too bad might move there myself.....to the OP i endorse BHILL

Woolpack is very expensive for what you get though. And B. Hill now has a fully functioning Beefeater Grill, although why they put it in the Industrial Estate remains a mystery.

D

Deleted member 18477

burgess hill is what i'd class as a normal town. just like haywards heath.

its fine to live in, i lived there for 22 years. i now live in haywards heath which is also fine.

every town has its dogshit areas... even brighton, so i wouldnt listen too much to anyone with a one sided opinion. i'd avoid a few roads near leylands park, fairfield and tesco express though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Woolpack is very expensive for what you get though. And B. Hill now has a fully functioning Beefeater Grill, although why they put it in the Industrial Estate remains a mystery.

Ha-there was me thinking Burgess Hill was a small associated village to the mid Sussex town of -The Victoria Industrial Estate

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Mid Sussex is a very nice area on the whole. When you commute every day or have lived in the capital it makes you think what a quiet, leafy, pleasant place it is even if it does feel a bit soulless. Affordable housing with no real bad areas.

I've caught two colds from people sneezing in my face on the tube in London already so far this year going to football; it's very easy to do with the heat and squashed together like sardines. I couldn't do that five times a week even for a lot more money.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I work in BH. Its a nice place I think. Its got a lot for its size and is just a short train ride to Brighton. There are a large number of baked bean coloured women and other mutants in the town not to mention the usual racsist drunks ( this is weekday daytime ) but I think this is usual for a town of its size.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I work in BH. Its a nice place I think. Its got a lot for its size and is just a short train ride to Brighton. There are a large number of baked bean coloured women and other mutants in the town not to mention the usual racsist drunks ( this is weekday daytime ) but I think this is usual for a town of its size.

I also work in BH, and I'd say that is a fair summary.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Lived in Burgess Hill for years. Now in Hove

DON'T DO IT !!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
sealed-lips.jpg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lived in BH since 1997 having moved from Brighton.

It's an average town with average amenities, but it's close to the A23 and a lot easier to go places than being south of the A27. If you want a house with a decent garden but cannot afford HH, then you could do a lot worse. I heard a lot of horror stories before I moved there, none of which proved to be accurate!

Good luck whatever you decide, moving is ALWAYS stressful :)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Stayed at the Hickstead Hotel over the weekend, and there was a brochure entitled 'Enjoy Burgess Hill' next to the bed. Picked it up and started reading it, and thats the last thing i remember until the next day.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Have lived in Burgess Hill for nearly two years and cant wait to leave this July, place is full of track suit wearing inbreds who couldnt run for a bus let alone anything else, the busiest shop in Marletts in Gregs and every other shop is a effing kebab/burger joint.

Have lived in Burgess Hill for nearly two years and cant wait to leave this July, place is full of track suit wearing inbreds who couldnt run for a bus let alone anything else, the busiest shop in Marletts in Gregs and every other shop is a effing kebab/burger joint.

But other than that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here