Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in BURGESS HILL

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Live in Hove atm, looking to sell up and move somewhere that's reasonably close to Brighton and Crawley but not too expensive, near a railway station, has room to park and a garden!

Burgess Hill appears to tick all these boxes, what's it like to live there? any areas to avoid? I work in Brighton and have family in Crawley so it seems good to be right in the middle...

Live in Hove atm, looking to sell up and move somewhere that's reasonably close to Brighton and Crawley but not too expensive, near a railway station, has room to park and a garden!

Burgess Hill appears to tick all these boxes, what's it like to live there? any areas to avoid? I work in Brighton and have family in Crawley so it seems good to be right in the middle...

It's OK mate, nothing special, very average town, just the way I like it.

There are places to avoid like any town. Will pm you these so as not to upset any residents of these areas.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I enjoyed my time there when I had a pub there and only left because I dint want to be surrounded by people I had barred but having said that we often go to the Martletts shopping and very rarely see anybody we know. There are plans afoot to update the Martletts Shopping Centre which should improve it. There area lot worse places.

i enjoyed my time there when i had a pub there and only left because i dint want to be surrounded by people i had barred but having said that we often go to the martletts shopping and very rarely see anybody we know. There are plans afoot to update the martletts shopping centre which should improve it. There area lot worse places.

which pub did you have:down:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Who would want to live somewhere that the pharmacists can't open on time. Pah.

Why do you need Boots when all your pharmaceutical needs are catered for in the 99p store?:banana:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've just moved back to Burgess Hill having grown up there but lived in Haywards Heath for the last 7 years. If you're buying Burgess Hill is much better value. As has been said, there are places you might want to avoid but I've said it before on these threads that this is leafy mid-sussex, it's not tottenham or moss side, so nothing is really that bad. I'm in what could be considered the rough end of town and it's all pleasant enough.

The town centre is largely shit, I went up the town on Friday lunchtime and have never seen so many mutants in my life, but I can be in Brighton in 30 minutes if I want proper shopping. Something I've noticed since I've been back which never ever happened in Haywards Heath, is that when I walk up the pub in the evening every person I walk past eyeballs me, mabye I look offensive but it never happened in Haywards :shrug:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's OK mate, nothing special, very average town, just the way I like it.

There are places to avoid like any town. Will pm you these so as not to upset any residents of these areas.

Oh I don't know, Denham Road's all right when the sun's shining.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here