Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Derby County ***** Official Match Thread *****

As no-one has started one already, so here goes.

REF DARREN SHELDRAKE
Dave Bushell and Andrew Laver
Fourth Official Robert Whitton

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe our luck will change with Mike initiating the thread.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Venue: Amex Stadium
Date: Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Kick-off: 1945 GMT

League Matches at Brighton - all time
Brighton wins - 6
Derby County wins - 4
Draws - 1
Brighton goals - 16
Derby County goals - 11

League Results at Brighton - all time
English League Championship

26.11.2005 Brighton 0-0 Derby County
05.02.2005 Brighton 2-3 Derby County
English Division One
16.11.2002 Brighton 1-0 Derby County
English Division Two (old)
15.04.1992 Brighton 1-2 Derby County
07.03.1987 Brighton 0-1 Derby County
06.09.1983 Brighton 1-0 Derby County
English Division One (old)
01.12.1979 Brighton 2-0 Derby County
English Division Two (old)
09.12.1961 Brighton 1-2 Derby County
17.12.1960 Brighton 3-2 Derby County
12.12.1959 Brighton 2-0 Derby County
22.04.1959 Brighton 3-1 Derby County

Head-to-head
• Derby lead Brighton by 11 wins to 10 after 23 league meetings over 54 years.
• A Craig Mackail-Smith goal proved the difference between the clubs when they met at Pride Park in November. Now Brighton are chasing a fourth double over their midlands opponents, and their first in 28 years.
• The Rams are looking for their fifth win in seven league and cup visits to Brighton.

Brighton
• The Championship's last remaining unbeaten record in 2012 fell when Brighton surrendered an early lead to lose 3-1, away to Blackpool on Saturday.
• It was the Seagulls' first reverse in 13 league games. They have not lost back-to-back since ending 2011 with four successive Championship defeats, and will be keen to continue a seven-match unbeaten home sequence.
• Gus Poyet's club, three places and one point outside the play-offs, have only managed one home league win against a club higher than 12th placed Leicester, and that was against Southampton.

Derby County
• 11th placed Derby are not only chasing a third successive win, but a fourth in five games.
• The Rams' 15 league wins have come in batches. They recorded six in the first eight games of the season, and four in a row over Christmas and New Year. This could be their best sequence since then.
• Nigel Clough's side have won twice as many Championship games at home, than they have on the road. They are searching for a sixth maximum on their travels.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder if Sheldrake will remember giving Bournemouth a penalty that wasn't, last season and give us the benefit tonight?

Team News: Albion v Derby County [OS]

By Will Jago
Gus Poyet confirmed that Marcos Painter (hamstring) and Gary Dicker (fractured fibula) are available for selection against Derby County tomorrow night, but insisted that selection will be decided on current form.

The duo have been on the sidelines for a lengthy period but made their comeback against Tottenham Hotspur last week in a behind-closed-doors game.

Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, "Gary and Marcos are there, and they are training every day. They are very close to a return and it could be any time, it is just a matter of picking the best team to win against Derby County.

"They might not quite be ready for 90 minutes yet but they need to start somewhere to get match fit."

Elsewhere, the Albion boss confirmed that an extension to Gai Assulin's one-month loan deal could be beneficial for both parties.

"The deal with Gai is that we think he is the type of player that suits the way we play perfectly. He has been out for a while and he needs to play football to get back to his best.

"We told him the situation and what we want from him but how much we use him depends on how he is. I think it is a great opportunity for both club and player so everybody can gain from this situation. We will see what happens."

Rams boss Nigel Clough has no fresh injury concerns ahead of Tuesday night's fixture and has hinted that he could rotate his squad with Derby facing their third consecutive midweek fixture.

Jamie Ward is unlikely to be risked as he continues his recovery from a thigh, which he suffered playing for Northern Ireland last month.

Meanwhile, Shaun Barker (knee), Mark O'Brien (cruciate ligament), Conor Doyle (hamstring), Saul Deeney (shoulder) and John Brayford (thigh) all continue their recovery from injury.

Albion Kit: Blue-and-white shirts; blue shorts; white socks.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
19251 will be gate. 761 from Derby. 8235 pints/bottles will be sold along with 4010 pies with Chicken and Leek the most popular

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brez
Calde Greer El Abd Mattock
Bridcutt
Razak
Lua Lua Vicente Barnes
CMS

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Amex weather report for tonight:

Cloudy and dark with a low of 6c. Wind: light south westerly and otherwise pie related.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Amex weather report for tonight:

Cloudy and dark with a low of 6c. Wind: light south westerly and otherwise pie related.

It's going to be DARK? In an EVENING in MARCH?

Those weather guys truly are the Einsteins of our time.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It's going to be DARK? In an EVENING in MARCH?

Those weather guys truly are the Einsteins of our time.

To be fair, I added the dark bit as free extra info as the weather bods seem to have missed it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Championship 2011-12

Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County

130px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.png
v
125px-Derby_County_F.C._logo.png

Vicente poised for start against Rams (Argus)

Vicente is poised for consecutive starts for Albion for the first time since October.

The Spanish playmaker was in the team for Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Blackpool.

My view and team forecast:

Liverpool at home to Stoke showed it is possible to play a winger (Downing playing a free role), two strikers (Caroll played deep like a midfielder), winger "interior" (Maxi).

The Albion equivalent would be Vicente, Barnes, Mackail-Smith, and Noone or Buckley.

Calderon to replace Reyes in the same back four.

Navarro as the holding midfielder leaving the two for the other place? Razak or Bridcutt ?

Bench: Razak or Bridcutt, Kazenga, Ankergen, Dunk, Vokes or Buckley.

Five substitutues makes the choice of keeper, defender, holding/central midfielder, striker and winger/attacking midfielder almost inevitable. Vincelot could double up for a defender/midfielder instead of Dunk.

If Vicente plays I would want to see Buckley in the team and Kazenga on the bench ready to come on. And I want to see Vicente in the team.

PS: Liverpool still failed to get around the outside of defence minded Stoke. As soon as Stoke went 2-1 down they had run out of ideas, but did not resort to shooting in the wrong direction. Kuyt (more of a proper winger like Kazenga) replaced Maxi.

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Balti will win it by a mile, Chicken and Leek(?) won't even get an appearance

You have never had a chicken and leek pie??? Then my fellow albion friend, you HAVE NOT ...(i'll say it again) YOU HAVE NOT experianced the FULL Amex Experiance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here