Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embrace: Severely underrated or just a second rate Oasis?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I have a lot of their singles/eps and think that most of their b sides stand up with their better known album stuff. This is the true sign of a great band. The brothers were really prolific in the early days and brilliant at times. Never got the recognition they deserved IMO.

Should have been up there with Oasis.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I like(d) them. Not the best singer though...

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
They typify the phrase "middle of the road Britpop dirge" for me. Oasis are/were streets ahead

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have a lot of their singles/eps and think that most of their b sides stand up with their better known album stuff. This is the true sign of a great band. The brothers were really prolific in the early days and brilliant at times. Never got the recognition they deserved IMO.

Should have been up there with Oasis.

Is this American Psycho all over again!?!

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
They have released a few really very good songs but it all went a bit down hill around the time of the World Cup song. Their last gig in Brighton at the Dome was very good but it was only about half full. I understand they are recording new material now so will be interesting to see what they come back with later this year.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
See I like them but don't get the comparison with Oasis , their earlier stuff was better.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
One of my fave bands, sadly never got the general reception they deserved. The World Cup song was actually a pretty good song, but wasn't one that could be chanted on the "terraces" like £ lions could be, which is why it flopped.

Also a very good band live, if Danny Mcnamaras voice would hold out. Best gig I ever went to was the one at the Eden Project in '06, but have also been to ones were they were poor due to vocal issues.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I thought Embrace were pretty decent and I really liked them...Although, they suffered from being massively over-hyped.

Their success was built around crafting big anthems during the whole Britpop era which was a perfect fit...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They were a very solid band with good singles and good album tracks and didn't get as much recognition as they deserved. They were not same league as Oasis who were better but maybe over hyped. Embrace have gone more dirge since their haydays and I haven't liked anything of their's for a long time. Greatest hits gets the odd play, album tracks were solid, solid and under-rated agreed - not amazing for me though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here