Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes someone normal?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I was just wondering, what your views were on what makes a person normal or not?

What actually is a "normal" person?

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie draw :wanker:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Depends what you define normal as

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Normal is defined on a place/cultures views on values and norms. These are taught though primary sociolization and then developed with broader values (usually depending on the mindset of the youth) during secondary socialization which happens through school and meeting new people through out your life. There is no such thing as 'normal' as everyone is different. Different families within different cultures within different generations do things differently and there is no 'right and wrong'. I knew one day my AS level in sociology come in useful!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Normal is defined on a place/cultures views on values and norms. These are taught though primary sociolization and then developed with broader values (usually depending on the mindset of the youth) during secondary socialization which happens through school and meeting new people through out your life. There is no such thing as 'normal' as everyone is different. Different families within different cultures within different generations do things differently and there is no 'right and wrong'. I knew one day my AS level in sociology come in useful!

:thumbsup:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Normal? good question. I would like to think im pretty normal, but my perception of normal and yours may be completely different.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It is the ability to reason well, with whatever you encounter.

Oct 25, 2003
no such thing because everyone's definition is different...........some may look at a skateboarding 60-year old transvestite with green hair in brighton and think they're not normal....to others they are

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
a normal person is someone who has transcended culture imprints and childhood conditioning......to obtain a more 'normal' state.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
a bit broad I know, but I've always seen 'normal' people as those who don't treat other people like shit and can more or less get on with other 'normalos'

There's a thread on here at the moment populated by people who I would definitely not class as normal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here