Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weller to make appearance at concorde 2 with from the jam???

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I see Bruce foxton has credits on the album sleeve.....

Jam 30th year aniversary of them splitting this year!!

Maybe the rumour Weller will be playing/guesting at the "from the JAM" gig at concorde2 on 15th December 2012 is true.Got my tickets yesterday £20 bargain!

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Read his interview in Mojo or Word this month. He says he would have to be destitute to even consider it. So that's a no then.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just booked up for this. Closest I'll ever get to seeing The Jam and, as said above, £20 is a bargain. :)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Never going to happen.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
This rumour circulates at pretty much every gig 'From the Jam' ever play.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I thought Weller had made it very clear that the Jam would never EVER reform.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I thought Weller had made it very clear that the Jam would never EVER reform.

He has. Rumour is always started as a Marketing ploy to sell more tickets to From the Jam gigs.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I get the impression that From The Jam would still keep rolling along even if Bruce Foxton decided to quit.

Rathern bizzarely, Foxton has just released a solo album which is basically the 3 members of From the jam. Not sure why it was released as a solo album rather than a From the Jam album

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If Weller was going to appear as '..The Jam' I'm sure he & Foxton (and maybe Buckler) could think of a way that would make a bit more money than a gig at Concorde 2.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
If Weller was going to appear as '..The Jam' I'm sure he & Foxton (and maybe Buckler) could think of a way that would make a bit more money than a gig at Concorde 2.

Quite right. Weller would only reform The Jam if he was skint (unlikley) reforming would be bigger than the recent Stone Roses reunion. We would be talking Wembley stadium not Concorde 2

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Just to add fuel to the fire for the theorists, Weller plays on 3 of the tracks on Foxton's new solo album, which was recorded at Wellers studio. So it would appear that there little get-together 2 years ago was not a one-off**

**(Disclaimer, it is never going to happen at the Concorde)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any Style Council covers bands?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here