Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else thing garry Neville is a really good co-commentator expert type person

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought last night he really came over well, and made some really interesting observations....and sounded very enthusiastic and articulate.

Made a change from that idiot Gray!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've been pleasantly suprised by Neville as a commentator. I don't like him as a pundit in the studio, but he does come over quite well and he clearly understands the game. After all the stick I gave Wilkins, I actually miss him doing commentaries now. Ironic really.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep really really good. Entertaining but interesting insight, and not many have played at a higher level for as long as he has.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
My favourite pundit or co-commentator. He has got over his nervousness that made him look awkward when on camera at the start of the season and really looks the part now.

He was struggling to hold back from cheering Arsenal on last night, which considering his playing career was good to see. One of the few people on Sky that will make genuinely interesting points on tactics/styles of play and isn't one of the "state the obvious" crew. Graeme Souness can be pretty good too.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Complete plonker. However, has done a good job and has been able to contain his anti-scouse feelings which could not have been easy but has demonstrated that in all else he is a good professional.
I have to laugh at the MNF though as he is lead up to the "Big screen" he always looks as though its the last thing he wants to do in the world!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I really can’t believe how much I like GNev as a pundit – as a player I utterly hated him.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I thought he was the best I have heard in a long time last night. Said more in 90 minutes that was intersting to hear than, for instance, Shearer has come up with in years on Match of the day. He also had no qualms slagging off other players i.e Mexes and the AC left back which sometimes the 'experts' fail to do as part of the pro footballers club.

My wife, though, asked why Jason Manford was doing the commentary.

Zawn Kellys

Feb 14, 2012
I saw Phil Neville a few weeks back on MOTD2 with Lee Dixon, and their intelligent, insightful thoughts about the game, made me realise how complete rubbish Shearer is at being a pundit.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
He was really good last night. He really speaks his mind and offers good tactical insights about what a team/player should do and is not afraid to say if he thinks a player is sh1t or not (he didn't rate Milan's left back did he!) unlike a Ray Wilkins or a Jamie Redknapp whom just arselicks the players backsides all the time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought he was the best I have heard in a long time last night. Said more in 90 minutes that was intersting to hear than, for instance, Shearer has come up with in years on Match of the day. He also had no qualms slagging off other players i.e Mexes and the AC left back which sometimes the 'experts' fail to do as part of the pro footballers club.

My wife, though, asked why Jason Manford was doing the commentary.

i thought that was quite funny where he kept shouting at walcott to take on the fullback...he was basically saying " he is crap..skin him"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was excellent, yes. Good insight, and refreshing to hear him say what needed to be said.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
i thought that was quite funny where he kept shouting at walcott to take on the fullback...he was basically saying " he is crap..skin him"

I even liked it when he referred to taking the left back on as 'Bingo time' I have never heard the term but found it strangely amusing. I'll whisper that though as if all this goes to his head, he could become the next Big Early Lolipop Doors Ron. God forbid.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Turning into one of the best co-commentators and pundits around. Souness edges it as my favourite pundit overall though.

Have to say, since the Keys and Gray scandal Sky Sports have handled the transition of pundits very well and easily kept their edge over the other broadcasters.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I also like his honesty, have to say I first watched him hoping he'd be rubbish but have really warmed to his insightful and balanced opinions (although I also like the fact that he doesn't try to hide his allegiance)

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Always hated the little weasel.

But one cant argue that he was a quality player, and has really surprised me with his incisive observations - has credibility as well. But so does Hansen, Shearer - and they're are pretty poor.

Garth Crooks is the one I want to run over. Twice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here