Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Where on earth can you buy balsa wood ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm hoping the NSC family contains some avid model makers. One of my sons has decided he wants to enter a "Balsa wood model car rally" with Cubs. I'm not a brilliant model maker but can certainly give him a hand BUT ...... can I find balsa wood anywhere ? ..... no. I've tried all the mainstream DIY places and just get blank looks. Is there anyone who knows of a place that sells balsa wood, at a reasonable price and if at all possible in Hove ?

Ta muchly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I know its crawley but there is a big craft shop up there in one of the retail.parks near the shopping centre. they may have some.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I'm hoping the NSC family contains some avid model makers. One of my sons has decided he wants to enter a "Balsa wood model car rally" with Cubs. I'm not a brilliant model maker but can certainly give him a hand BUT ...... can I find balsa wood anywhere ? ..... no. I've tried all the mainstream DIY places and just get blank looks. Is there anyone who knows of a place that sells balsa wood, at a reasonable price and if at all possible in Hove ?

Ta muchly.

Try Fred Aldous.

Based in Manchester but do mail order

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Model shop at the junction of Cranbourne Street and West Street. I think it's still there. Just looked and it's now called Modelzone.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I know its crawley but there is a big craft shop up there in one of the retail.parks near the shopping centre. they may have some.

Too right it's crawley, there's piles of rubble, rubbish, and left over building materials. go nuts, westdene!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

This hobby craft in Crawley.

I make various stuff, and now am building a billings boat bluenose 2 and I need a few additions, which I bought balsa wood to fit.

Try there...or I pop in there regularily and if you want anything collected, let me know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here