Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Ipswich ***** Official Match Thread *****

At last. I have started my 1st official match thread. I just hope no one else does one whilst I am typing this!

Massive game - with just the league and hopefully the playoffs to look forward to, today we take on an in form Ipswich side who managed to spank us at their place last year.

A win could see us just goal difference away from the play off's. Anything less could see the gap grow.

We have a full squad to pick from and the re-assurance we are now safe from relegation. Will we see CMS and Vokes start today?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Terrible attempt!
Too many asterisks.
Venue?
Date?
Time?
Officials?

If we lose, we'll know why.

Venue: Amex Stadium
Date: Saturday, 25 February 2012
Kick-off: 1500 GMT

Referee: COLIN WEBSTER
Assistants: William Bull and Craig Hicks
Fourth Official: Carl Brook

League Matches at Brighton - all time
Brighton wins - 13
Ipswich Town wins - 7
Draws - 6
Brighton goals - 51
Ipswich Town goals - 32

League Results at Brighton - last 30 years
English League Championship

29.10.2005 Brighton 1-1 Ipswich Town
08.05.2005 Brighton 1-1 Ipswich Town
English Division One
10.12.2002 Brighton 1-1 Ipswich Town
English Division Two (old)
12.10.1991 Brighton 2-2 Ipswich Town
11.05.1991 Brighton 2-1 Ipswich Town
27.09.1989 Brighton 1-0 Ipswich Town
06.05.1989 Brighton 0-1 Ipswich Town
21.03.1987 Brighton 1-2 Ipswich Town
English Division One (old)
28.08.1982 Brighton 1-1 Ipswich Town
08.05.1982 Brighton 0-1 Ipswich Town

Head-to-head
• This is the 60th league and cup clash between these clubs. Brighton have won 20 of the previous 59, Ipswich 27, with 12 drawn.
• The last four league meetings on Brighton turf have been drawn - the most recent three all being 1-1.
• Ipswich have not recorded a victory in six visits, since a 1-0 triumph at second league level in May 1989.

Brighton
• Although crushed 6-1 by Liverpool in the FA Cup last weekend, Brighton are still unbeaten in the Championship in this calendar year; a distinction they share with Birmingham.
• Gus Poyet's men, who drew 0-0 at Hull on Wednesday, have won five and drawn three of the last eight league games. Their run started at the outset of 2012, and followed a four-match losing streak at the end of 2011.
• Their second highest goalscorer, Craig Mackail-Smith (eight goals) is set to play on his 28th birthday.

Ipswich Town
• Paul Jewell's men are on one of the two longest current winning sequences in the Championship of four games, in partnership with Reading. The Suffolk club last registered five on the spin in October 2003.
• The Tractor Boys have kept successive clean sheets, but still own the weakest defence in the division statistically, with 57 goals shipped in 31 outings.
• A share of the spoils from their first trip to the Amex would see Ipswich registering their 400th draw away from home in league football.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
ampersand - never too sure about them. Why abbreviate a three letter word?

Because it is on the badge, the programmes, the OS and just about everything else.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Brighton and Hove Albion FC v Ipswich Town FC
there you go and stick on as many add-on as you like but get the essential things right

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I agree 100%. It stops us having the longest name in footbal FFS.
In UK...
Inverness Caledonian Thistle - 26
Wolverhampton Wanderers - 22
Brighton and Hove Albion - 21

How about Dutch Eredivisie side NAC Breda? It expands to "Nooit Opgeven Altijd Doorzetten Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Ontspanning Combinatie Breda". 86 characters!
Give us an "N"
Give us an "O"...

One chant, they only have time for one chant

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
And our opponents today:

Scouting Report v Ipswich Town (H))

Match page:

BBC Sport - Brighton v Ipswich

Brighton (9) v Ipswich (16)

Brighton have no new injury worries. Full-back Marcos Painter is close to recovering from a hamstring injury, but will not be ready for the weekend, while fellow defender Tommy Elphick (Achilles) and midfielder Gary Dicker (broken leg) are the only other absentees. Will Buckley could return to the starting XI after coming off the bench at in the goalless draw at Hull on Wednesday night.

Ibrahima Sonko and Lee Bowyer are both in contention to return for Ipswich. Centre-back Sonko has missed the last two games since suffering a dislocated rib during the abandoned fixture against Middlesbrough, while midfielder Bowyer has not featured since the start of January due to a groin injury. But both have been in full training this week and are ready for selection.

Last season: No corresponding fixture

Last five league matches: Brighton D W W D D; Ipswich L W W W W

Top scorers (all competitions): Ashley Barnes (Brighton) 9; Michael Chopra (Ipswich) 12

Referee: Colin Webster (Tyne & Wear)

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/02/24/SOCCER_Championship_Statistics.html&BID=4

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The referee is the same as the the FA Cup tie at Wrexham.

Ipswich are on a run of four League wins.

I don't mind the starting line-up against Hull, but it seemed to be (from the radio commentary which was awful) that when Razak was taken off and Assulin when on (left to centre interiore if Andy Naylor is to be believed) a hole appeared in the defence. But Hull were inept at scoring.

Although Hull play attractive football, and I thought we were lucky to avoid defeat. Ipswich in form could win 0-3 if we put the wrong team out. I have gone for us winning 2-1, but maybe I should have delayed my forecast until the team was announced.

Ipswich fans have said that their defence was jittery and one idea is to attack them early and see if they cave in under early pressure.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
In UK...
Inverness Caledonian Thistle - 26
Wolverhampton Wanderers - 22
Brighton and Hove Albion - 21

How about Dutch Eredivisie side NAC Breda? It expands to "Nooit Opgeven Altijd Doorzetten Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Ontspanning Combinatie Breda". 86 characters!
Give us an "N"
Give us an "O"...

One chant, they only have time for one chant

I'm including spaces.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here