Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Men and jeans...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
OK so I was watching Wayne Hemmingway and some other geezer on Breakfast News stating that men over 35 should NEVER wear jeans.

Couple this with Emily and Frank discussing the very same issue on the Frank Skinner podcast this week... Frank saying that he reached 30 and decided he could never to wear them again.

So. What do we think? I am heading towards the big 40. What am I supposed to bloody wear?

bavarian-lederhosen-costume-xl-87-p.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I only wear black jeans. Terrified as to what I'll do when I hit 35.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Having seen what Wayne Hemmingway wears, I certainly wouldn't take fashion advice from him.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yep 46 here and live in jeans, although they are sensible and clean these days, I do agree about men not wearing the silly rap (or ripped) jeans round their knees past a certain age.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm 36 and live in jeans when I'm not wearing my work clothes. Anyone who tells me that any man (who looks after himself) would look better in chinos or slacks can jolly well sod off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worn Levis all my life and will until I die. Now white trainers is another matter all together, they are just WRONG on older men.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm 65 and in my 501's I look well cool, and always have done!
On Breakfast they had the back combed bafoon who did some designing or buying for Topman, and Wayne Hemmingway northern design geezer and always present brown suit.
Like I'm going to take any clotheware solutions from those two. Bring on our very own Xenophon who does have a clue.
The Hovian

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There are jeans and there are jeans, jeans are for all ages as long as they are worn right/right cut/colour and they don't have a t-shirt tucked into them.

Amexican

May 21, 2011
It's a free world so wear what you like...however, my opinion, older men and jeans don't mix...same as older blokes and XXXL replica shirts...

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It's a free world so wear what you like...however, my opinion, older men and jeans don't mix...same as older blokes and XXXL replica shirts...

not sure how old you are - but it's a world of cords and slacks for you at some point, possibly now;-)

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

That raises a certain annoyance for me...

Any sporting clothing (replica shirts, sweat pants, track suits) should only be worn by people who look like they could actually take part in the activity in question.

If you have clearly never been in a gym and/or throw up at the thought of running the length of a football pitch then you should NEVER EVER EVER be allowed to wear sports clothes!

No one who actually plays football has ever needed 3X's ...so shirts like that shouldn't even be made!

D

Deleted member 18477

OK so I was watching Wayne Hemmingway and some other geezer on Breakfast News stating that men over 35 should NEVER wear jeans.

Couple this with Emily and Frank discussing the very same issue on the Frank Skinner podcast this week... Frank saying that he reached 30 and decided he could never to wear them again.

So. What do we think? I am heading towards the big 40. What am I supposed to bloody wear?

View attachment 30464

wear what OAP's wear.

proper smart shirt, wool jumper, smart trousers, smart shoes.

You could also wear a tie if you go out the house along with a nice smart coat that comes at least down to your knees and a grandad hat.:lol:

Amexican

May 21, 2011
not sure how old you are - but it's a world of cords and slacks for you at some point, possibly now;-)

Well, I'm old enough to know they don't suit me!...but it's not quite a case of elasticated waists for me just yet...but I do have rather a nice selection of well cut chinos...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here