Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new AMEX sign on the East stand- pics?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Has anyone got a pic of the new sign on top of the East stand, I think it looks really smart.

Does it light up too?

:amex:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
New sign? is it inside the stadium or facing the A27?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
New sign? is it inside the stadium or facing the A27?

Facing the A27. It looks similar to the 'American Express Community stadium sign' above the club shop. It sits between the roof and top of the stand. It looks rather smart.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Didn't they say in the summer that the arches would eventually have lighting installed to light them up in the evenings? Or did I dream it?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'd like to see a BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC sign also.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Didn't they say in the summer that the arches would eventually have lighting installed to light them up in the evenings? Or did I dream it?

Seem to remember that when Derek Chapman was on The Albion Roar that there was already concern about the light pollution coming from those pitch heater/grass grower thingies (obviously HE used the technical term) therefore they may have to reassess.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Seem to remember that when Derek Chapman was on The Albion Roar that there was already concern about the light pollution coming from those pitch heater/grass grower thingies (obviously HE used the technical term) therefore they may have to reassess.

Surely a few fairy lights at Christmas is ok and maybe attach a lit-up sleigh to one of the arches.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Yeah you did get a HELL of a lot of light pollution from them, and the glow is super eerie as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The hell with American Express (though thanks for the money), what the stadium badly needs is more Albion branding, not more advertising for a credit card company.

Go to (say) Derby & it's unmistakeably their home, giant banners of their players all over the place. Pass the Amex in a flash & you could be forgiven for not really registering whose ground it is. Can't help feeling the club have caved into the sponsors thus far. Have Amex made that a condition or is it a trick the Albion have missed?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The hell with American Express (though thanks for the money), what the stadium badly needs is more Albion branding, not more advertising for a credit card company.

Go to (say) Derby & it's unmistakeably their home, giant banners of their players all over the place. Pass the Amex in a flash & you could be forgiven for not really registering whose ground it is. Can't help feeling the club have caved into the sponsors thus far. Have Amex made that a condition or is it a trick the Albion have missed?

I think maybe they haven't got round to it yet? There was also something about them not wanting too much branding visible from the road as it could be distracting? I think that might only be at night though, so I guess the new Amex sign might not light up.

I would like to see a little more, but I think too much might come across as tacky.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can we not have some kind of Seagull projected into the sky like the Batman logo?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

I get your jist, however, Derby are millions of pounds in debt so they could learn a thing or two!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here